Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of symptom is this?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of symptom is this?

Hey everyone

I've been very uncomfortable since yesterday. My left labia majora is swollen (feels hard to the touch) and it hurts if pressure is applied. There is no redness and no itching. Just swollen/hard and painful. It started yesterday (by the end of the day), almost suddenly. Yesterday I did have intercourse (but it looked normal and I had no pain during it), but, a few hours before that, I had a strong 10-minute exercise on a stationary bike (and it was my first time in almost a year of no exercise).

Today, I don't think it got worse, but it also doesn't look better. What can it be and what caused it? Is this something serious?

I tried to search for similar symptoms on the internet and all I seem to get is Bartholin Gland Cyst. But I'm not sure, because it's always related with redness and itchiness, besides the swelling and the pain. And I have absolutely no itch and no redness. So, I'm really scared! I might go to the doctor tomorrow, but could someone tell me if it is serious?

• Depending on where the swelling is, it could be a bartholins cyst or a swollen lymph node. Almost certainly not something dangerous but get it checked.
    “...choose to believe in your own myth
    your own glamour
    your own spell
    a young woman who does this
    (even if she is just pretending)
    has everything....”
    ― Francesca Lia Block, How to (Un)cage a Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by calibri~ View Post
      Depending on where the swelling is, it could be a bartholins cyst or a swollen lymph node. Almost certainly not something dangerous but get it checked.
      If this started yesterday night, should I go right away to the doctor or should I give it one more day to see if it gets better (the pain and the swelling)? What do you think?

Comment

• Well becky, that depends how sore it is, how worried you are and how easy it is to see a doctor or nurse. Unless you are running a fever (suggesting an abcess) it's probably ok to wait a day or two.
        “...choose to believe in your own myth
        your own glamour
        your own spell
        a young woman who does this
        (even if she is just pretending)
        has everything....”
        ― Francesca Lia Block, How to (Un)cage a Girl

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
        • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
        Working...
        X