Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me?

Hi ladies!! I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced anything like what I am currently going through or known someone else who has. Ever since last October, I have been having problems with my period being extremely sporadic and having ridiculous amounts of pain/cramping/PMS symptoms when I am not flowing. It is also a more-or-less bi-monthly thing. To be more specific. One month I will have a normal for me period. That is, I'll start flowing a month after the last cycle and I will experience severe cramping for somewhere around the first 24-48 hours of flow. During that same time period I will flow extremely heavily (filling one pad every hour and a half or so). Then my flow slows down and is what I would consider "normal" (filling a pad in about 2-3 hours) for about 4 or 5 days. The next cycle is EXTREMELY odd. About four weeks later, I will get every signal that my period coming. I will get the cramping very severe, irritability, fatigue, the whole bit. However, I will not start flowing for two more weeks. At this time, the ridiculously severe cramping returns and I bleed like a stuck pig the first day. I can literally fill a pad to overflowing in an hour. The next day, my flow is quite a bit lighter and at what I call a "regular person's" flow. This lighter flow only lasts for about 2-3 days. The biggest problem is that this go around, I have not had any flow at all in over 7 weeks. I have had the first set of cramping at 4 weeks past last flow, another set of cramping a little more than a week ago, and now today I am in EXCRUCIATING pain yet again. And yet again, no flow. Has anyone every experienced anything like this? What about heard of anything like this? Have any thoughts/ideas/ramblings to share? I would appreciate ANYTHING at this point. I am starting to think I'm loosing my marbles.

• Hum...

Have you spoken to your doctor? It sounds like it could be endometriosis to me. I am not a doctor, but my friend has endometriosis and that sounds like her.

You could also have cysts on your ovaries. I would check with your doctor.

Feel better...

Comment

• I agree with "nosyla". Those are possible indicators of something wrong. There is really no way of knowing without getting an exam by a gynecologist. Some women will experience irregular bleeding and time differences. Not to mention the unbareable cramping. You will only be sure if you see your doctor.

Comment

• I agree "see a DR"...I went through what you are going through. I hated it!! I missed at least 1 day of school a month starting my Jr year and it just kept geting worse. In 1989/90 i was put in a medically incuded menopause for 6 months because of endometriosis. I got pregnant immediately and my uterus ruptured 9 weeks into the pregancy. I managed to carry the little one to term (she is now 15) but still had very crazy periods. In 2001 i ended up having a hysterectomy due to the endometriosis, my right overy was "glued" down due to the scar tissue. Even though I do not have periods now, I still have my overies and can tell when it is "that time" by the slight cramping I get when my overies swell. See the doc...these days it is soooo much easier to get treated then it was back in those days!!

I, like many women, hate going to the obgyn, but better that than all the pain. I just reread what I have typed to you an realized I went through almost 20 yrs of irreg/painful periods. You don't have to, go see a Doc!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X