Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dryness

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dryness

I was wondering if there was anything I could do about vaginal dryness during intercorse? I have always had normal yearly exams and have been tested for any STD's and every thing has always come back normal. I just don't have the natural luberacation and we are forced to use synthetic lubes. Is there any way to increase my natural luberacation during sexual intamatcy? Please Help!

• Common Problem

Hi,

This is a common problem among women. I am not a doctor, but have many women friends who have experienced this problem.

Your body "down there" is affected differently throughout the month. Depending on your time of month, it could be slightly dryer.

I would suggest foreplay. That always gets the juices flowing (no pun intended ) I know that works for me.

Also, if you are nervous about it during the "act," that will affect it too.

Also, if you "do it" a lot, in a matter of a few days, that can dry you up too.

I would say just relax, double the foreplay, use some lotions, and have fun!

Comment

• I agree that many women suffer from this and it is a very natural occurence. The easiest way to lubricate is, as you mentioned, synthetic lubrication. KY Jelly seems to be a good one. Other things to help would be to drink PLENTY of water! We hear it all the time... "drink 8 glasses of water a day". They aren't kidding! It effects us in every way! Eat healthy and try to keep stress levels low. Excessive sweating from exercizing can increase vaginal dryness. And yes, the time of the month will be a factor in the amount and density of your lubrication. Avoid using douche or vaginal cleansers as this will remove all of your natural lubrication.

Your mental state is one of the most important factors! You need to be in a happy and sexual state of mind well before penetration. Forplay is vital for getting the lubrication flowing. The more mentally prepared and excited you are, the more lubrication your body will produce.

Also remember, the longer you have sex, the more likely you will be to run out of lubrication.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X