Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need urgent advice please

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need urgent advice please

Hello ladies,

Today i had my first pap smear and was told my womb was open - it was open at the neck of it! Can anyone tell me what this means?? I have been bleeding and staining constantly and now i know why but have no idea what this means.The doctor said to come off birth control as this might help close it!? and wait a month and if still same see a gynocologist again but i infact came off birth control over 3 months ago! Any advice would be great!

karen x

• Just as the uterus contracts to open up the cervix (neck of the uterus) and push out a baby, it contracts to expel menstrual blood. Often, after several years of menstruating or after childbirth, the cervical opening enlarges. The uterus doesn't have to contract as much to discharge the menstrual flow. So it is not necessarilly a defect to have the uterus open, but I suppose it depends on how open it is.

Did your doctor say "open womb" or "open uterus"?? I cannot tell you for certain if your doctor's advice was correct. If you are unsure, then don't hesitate to get a second opinion from a different doctor! Also, did you tell your doctor that you had been off birth control for three months?

Comment

• Hello

Hello,

Thanks for the advice! The doctor said the neck of my womb was open and this was why i had bleeding and staining.He said coming off my birth control might help close it which i dont understand at all and to wait another month and see if the bleeding stops if not to go to a gynocologist.I told him i wasnt long off of my birth control but from looking at my calender i have been off it for nearly four months so i dont think waiting another monther would help at all.

karen

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X