Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having an infection in the urinary tract, need natural treatment?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having an infection in the urinary tract, need natural treatment?

I have a urinary tract infection, I had treatment for it. But it is not getting clear, I am finding for some natural way to treat these, Any suggestions?

• I'm so sorry for you. Could it be you've got the wrong antibiotics? Normally they should make a culture to know what antibiotics to use, because the bacteria may be resistant to several antibiotics. It could also be that it's back. I had a UTI once and I had to take two courses of treatment to get completely rid of it. The first one wasn't enough. The urine test was thorough, with a list of medicines they knew couldn't work, because the bacteria were resistant to them.

Perhaps you could benefit from another urine test.

I hope you get rid of it as soon as possible.

Comment

• Florence,
      Natural remedies i know of are cranberry supplements, probiotics and fermented foods, potassium iodide, pineapples, acv with the mother apple, and of course drink lots of water and reduce sugars.
      I'm tempted to add this cut and pasted part from an aritlce, tho shortened:
      • DO go to the toilet when you need to. Holding on is not a good idea.
      • DO go with the flow. After urinating, be sure to wipe from front to back.
      • DON'T drink alcohol. Alcohol is a strong irritant to the bladder.
      • DO cut out caffeine. Avoid caffeine-loaded soft drinks and chocolate.
      • DO wear cotton.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to LIES

amy40 I'm curious how you can tell they're lying and know this with any degree of certainty?...

Today, 01:37 PM By atskitty2
      • Reply to LIES

I don't tend to lie as such: but I will tactfully tell the truth/bend the truth, so as to not hurt the other person's feelings. Sometimes you HAVE to...

Today, 09:05 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to LIES

I'm an open book person & feel compelled to "confess" things to husband like if I think some man I saw is good-looking, lol

Yesterday, 10:23 AM By amy40
      • Reply to Have You Heard Of An Amicable Divorce? Let's Discuss.

I agree 100%. I wished many times that my parents had just divorced and moved on. I think my mother would be miserable regardless, but I think Dad could...

Yesterday, 04:22 AM By atskitty2
      • Reply to Pre Mature Ejaculation problem

Welcome to Women's Health Interactive Forums. Could you go into the details a bit more? Not just the physical aspects but also how you relate to each...

07-30-2020, 03:44 PM By jns

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X