Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

third boob, quite serious answers needed, tnx

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• third boob, quite serious answers needed, tnx

What else can be done for a small 3rd boob in the armpit aside from surgery? A young mother is troubled this might be extra mammary glands and produce milk. Applying poultices, etc. could help so it doesnt clog/fill up with milk?
    One site explained this quite helpfully, but i found little on the matter in time available i have to read.

• What makes you think it is a third boob?
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Saw it. When i attempted to research on it, most of wht i found was on such 3rd boob somewhere near the actual breasts or nipples. There was one from scarymoms site wc was quite informative.

Comment

• If she is pregnant and her other milk glands fill up with milk, any poorly-placed ones will too. If she just doesn't use them, they will dry up. She should be able to maintain milk production in the desired locations while mostly ignoring any extras. It might be a painful process - you can look up advice on drying up mammary glands in general to see what to do for that one specifically; I can't help as my area of expertise is the opposite issue :P She should watch out for the area getting hard, hot, or excessively painful - this might be a sign of mastitis. If she's inducing lactation through some method other than pregnancy/giving birth, as long as she doesn't stimulate that nipple it should not fill with milk.

I wonder what her doctor has had to say about the extra nipple? It seems like a medical professional could palpate the area to find out if it even has any developed, potentially functional milk glands ... she may be worrying in vain.
        <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Thanks for that little. This just something new to me.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Are you energized after sex? Or ready to sleep?

We were talking one day about the timing of sex. He is charged up and energized following sex, and I'm super relaxed and usually want to sleep. We're...

09-24-2020, 04:58 AM By atskitty2
          • Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
          • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
          Working...
          X