Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clitoris woes.....

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, you drink the cherry juice. Honestly, I've never noticed it working for me, but my wife swears by it.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Make sure you are buying tart cherry juice, or tart cherries. Other cherries don't have the same properties. Pomegranate juice has some anti inflammatory properties also, just be careful of added sugars in either.
      Turmeric is a great natural anti-inflammatory. You should have access to that. It works.
      Last edited by atskitty2; 06-27-2017, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Thank you, will take a look into both

i've been sat most of the day, good excuse to be lazy I guess! Anyway, the swelling seems to have lessened somewhat....not much but I can now walk with my legs slightly closer together, still got a waddle but it's better!

I've been reading up but there's hardly anything online about this problem :O I'm reading up on staph infections....since i'm not currently sexually active, could It still have been caused by staphylococcal? I cannot wait to be normal again....although, reading up, the people who have experienced this have gone on to find it has recurred many times for them, oh gawd

Comment

• Nope, spoke too soon....no better, still a penguin! ouch ouch ouch

Comment

• I'm hoping things turn around for you soon. I wonder if a salve with lidocaine would help. My doctor prescribed such a thing for me when I had that abscess.
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• The pain last night got to an unbearable point....I would say I have quite a high pain threshold and I deal with mega period pains and cramps every month (to the point i'm doubled over and unable to function!). Anyway, last night I was in absolute tears because the pain was so great and the swelling was awful, I couldn't even walk to go to bed or get my tablets, gravity was awful and added to the pain if I stood up. The swelling was ridiculous (it got to about the size of a very large grape), I think I finally fell asleep whilst crying....

Anyway, when I woke this morning I realised I had had a full nights, uninterrupted sleep......whatt????? I also realised I was nice and comfy in my bed, my legs weren't at awkward angles and they were in my normal sleeping position......whatttt????? The abscess had popped during the night, how I didn't feel it go, I do not know. I guess the pain I was already experiencing was greater than the pain of the actual burst, so my body didn't notice?

I'm sorry if any of this is gross....it's still draining, from a tiny hole at the front. The relief is HEAVENLY! It's gone back to how swollen it was the day before I took myself off to the doctors, so it's still swollen but it's not actually painful, just rather awkward and odd feeling.

It's still draining and i'm just praying it doesn't fill up once again, is this likely? Do I need to go back to the doctor because it's burst? I know she mentioned if it burst, I MAY have to go and have a dressing put on it by a nurse but I think she was talking about if it was like a real messy painful burst? Is there a bacterial risk since it's burst? Can I have a bath if it's burst?

Comment

• another update: just phoned doctors and they want me to go in so they can check it and put a dressing on/drain it if needs be :\ wish me luck!

Comment

• Oh goodness. I'm so glad you've gotten relief from that unbearable pain! Yes, I would think a proper dressing would be critical as that area of our bodies is so dark and moist and will be prone to bacteria growth. You want to make sure you follow the doctors orders on cleaning and changing the dressing so you can avoid infection. I would think a shower would be preferable to a bath, but the doctor may say otherwise.

Whew. I hope the visit goes well for you. I am sure it will be painful, but at least you are on the mend!
                  "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• They may recommend a warm Epsom salt bath.
                    Did they offer to lance the abscess when you were there before? I guess I had just assumed they had done that.

Maybe due to position it wasn't recommended.

Comment

• Just got back...saw another GP as mine wasn't there. As soon as she looked she had the same reaction as my other GP "Oh my gosh, you poor thing"! She seemed to still be shocked at the swelling and size of it (even though it's only a fraction of the size it was yesterday!!! god knows what their reaction would have been yesterday at it!!!).

She had a look and said she doesn't think it needs draining and she doesn't think they will be able to put a dressing on it anyway due to the location. She said it looks fine (well, not fine but you know what I mean) and said to wash it with 1/2 lid of TCP with 6 lids of water mixed up.....not sure if you have TCP over the pond but it's basically a very stinky antiseptic. She said it may sting but I need to wipe it over with this mix about 6 times a day. She didn't recommend salt baths unless I wanted to due to it probably hurting like a ************** because of the burst abscess.

I'm so glad it seems "Ok" and I just need to carry on with my AB's, it's still feeling sore but I can totally cope with it like this, but couldn't how it got to and how it was yesterday....think quails egg!!!!!!

Atskitty2.....no, they didn't mention lancing it. Due to the location she said it would be a very difficult thing to perform due to the nerves and it being such an important and delicate area. Of course, If I had gone to A+E yesterday, they would have no doubt kept me in and lanced it because it was so very bad. The GP was surprised I didn't go, I explained to her I couldn't stand up let alone get into a car aha!

Thank you all so much for offering your advice and continuing to do so, it's very much appreciated and thank you for not judging my very graphic and delicate subject xxx

Comment

• I looked up TCP. I have never seen it here. It's been around almost a century with a formulation change quite a while back so it must be pretty good if it can still command a presence in the marketplace. Best wishes on your continued recovery.
                        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Thanks Jns....yes, it's still very popular. My Nanna used it a lot and so does my Mum, i've always refrained from using it because it has quite a, shall we say "unique" odour! Luckily, since it's so diluted, the smell isn't really noticeable and it doesn't sting me

the swelling has stayed down and i've been in little to no discomfort, it just feels a bit odd down there rather than painful. Still got 3 days left on my antibiotics so hopefully it will kick the last of it for good. Trying to walk as little as possible so as to not aggravate it unnecessarily while it's still going down.

Comment

• Everything got stretched out. Give it a while to return to normal.

Comment

• Seems to have gone down and there's no pain, but there's a massive hard long lump....antibiotics have finished as of tomorrow so i'll be back at the doctors yet again, pretty sure they will carry on the course for a little longer!

Comment

• The antibiotics are to combat infection. If the infection is gone, they may discontinue antibiotics. I wonder what the cause for the hard lump is. Maybe the GP won't know. That is not necessarily a cause for alarm. Your body will be able to heal itself over time, in most cases.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                                X