Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

menstrual during massage?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• menstrual during massage?

Is it prohibited to have a body massage when you have your menstrual period?

• Prohibited? Probably not. It may not be the most comfortable thing tho', depending on the type of massage you're getting and how heavy your flow. Many factors to consider here.

Comment

• No it's not prohibited but please be honest with your therapist especially during heavy days. Being a massage therapist I have faced this kind of situation and felt what it feels like. It's a natural process kindly do inform your massage therapist before the start of massage service.

Comment

• I love a good massage when I’m on my period. But as others have mentioned, always inform the massage therapist. I also find that a massage chair is more comfortable than a standard table.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X