Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Hi guys , this is my first post here I’m hoping someone can give me some insight or maybe you have been through something similar an can share ! I’m 27 I have 1 child . Around nov 2019 I had what was diagnosed as a batholith cyst I tried all the home remedies several rounds of antibiotics nothing worked at first it wasn’t painful but got so big an excruciating that I had an operation it was emptied and flat somewhat but the lump never completely went Away. About a month after that I started to get watery discharge copious amounts like cups and cups all day everyday I went to the dr so many times tried several diff antibiotics but it kept coming an I was given no answers. I got a Pap smear done in March where they told me I have HPV I have had the same partner for 9 years. they told me the standard ‘come back in 12 months to have it reviewed’ and The discharge wasn’t related I demanded a referral to a gyno who done a biopsy an told me the cells are abnormal an the same we will review in 12 months an the discharge is a normal change . It’s not !! At the beginning it was just like water now it smells vile ! There is something wrong I can not even wear panty liners as it’s just too much coming an i am constantly changing pads it’s been like this for 12 months now an is effecting my life . One dr told me the discharge has an odor as its bacterial vaginosis she prescribes more meds that didn’t work I visited another who tested the discharge an said there is no STIs an it’s not that she seems to be the best dr I’ve seen yet. But still no answer as too what it is I always thought the discharge was coming from inside but you can now see it’s actually coming from the outside near the opening ! I have got another referral to a gyno but I’m needing to save to see her as she is private . I feel like it’s failure after failure I just want to be normal again ! Has anyone had something similar happen or know what this could be ??

• Hi Nikkie,

From cursory research on bartholin's cysts, it sounds like this could actually be an abscess that's leaking. An abscess can develop from a bartholin's cyst that's become infected. Has anyone placed you on an antibiotic, by chance? (It's possible that the doc who prescribed you meds for bacterial vaginosis might have given you an antibiotic? Although a different one might be used to treat an abscess versus BV.)

HPV would be unlikely to cause the type of discharge you're describing, especially since you mentioned it's coming from closer to the vaginal opening (the bartholin glands are near the entrance to the vagina). HPV/pap smear deals with your cervix, and a person can carry that around for years and years without knowing. Even though you've had the same partner for 9 years, one or both may have had it that entire time without being aware of it.

Regarding the discharge, is there a change in the color or consistency? You said it was watery in the beginning but now smells; is it thicker or does it have a pus-like color? That may be what it is (an abscess on the cyst/infection).

I hope you're able to find some relief soon!

Comment

• Are you absolutely certain the discharge is coming from somewhere besides the vaginal opening? And is that a change, or has it always been coming from that same place? A year is kind of a long time to have not noticed it's not actually coming from the vaginal opening. (And I say that, not because I think you're not paying attention, or don't know your body-I simply want you to think about how this has changed over the course of a year) In your post, I clearly sense your frustration and I want to be sure we have a good understanding of what's going on. Additionally, on exam, your provider would have noted that the fluid was coming from somewhere other than the vagina. They wouldn't have tested for STI's from an abnormal opening near your vagina...I'm just trying to make sense of what you've been through the past year.

Did they culture the fluid at that time? (This is different than an STI panel)
      Did they test it for Group B Strep?
      Are you having pain or any discomfort at all? Itching? Burning?
      Any other symptoms besides the copious amounts of discharge?
      Last edited by atskitty2; 01-11-2021, 06:38 PM.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control & Infertility

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

Yesterday, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

Yesterday, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
      • Reply to Have you ghosted someone?

Vanessa R. When I met the guy I've been dating, I actually asked him about his ghosting history the first time we met. He didn't really even know what...

01-15-2021, 03:16 PM By atskitty2

I truly appreciate the insight and feedback, JonnyR , especially coming from a guy. I've been fortunate enough in recent months to come across a few "rare...

01-14-2021, 01:38 PM By Vanessa R.

Very true atskitty2 ! You bring up a good point about how easy it is for someone to walk away in all facets. Of course, the fact that there are people...

01-14-2021, 12:21 PM By Vanessa R.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

Yesterday, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

Yesterday, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
      • Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Hi guys , this is my first post here I’m hoping someone can give me some insight or maybe you have been through something similar an can share ! I’m...

01-08-2021, 04:05 AM By Nikkie92
      • Got a Vulva? Let's talk wanking!

I'm putting together a piece on hands-free masturbation and would love to hear from people with vulvas. I'm looking for quotes or stories about early...

01-03-2021, 01:44 AM By Wednesday L.F.
      • I just want some assurance.

Hello.

So these are questions for all the ladies. For those who engage in anal sex, how many years have you been having it? Have you've had...

12-30-2020, 08:01 PM By yrtxzh5a47
      Working...
      X