Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vagina Needs Some TLC

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vagina Needs Some TLC

LADIES help!!!! I’m going in circles trying to self-diagnose! So... 2 years ago I got tested for BV and it came back positive. All good (absolutely 0 problems) until September 2020, I’ve been STUCK with a fishy smell ONLY after intercourse. Condom or not, it’s still there and sometimes worse than others. It’s starting to get embarrassing and equally as frustrating as of course my man is hesitant to go down as it’s quite unpleasant. I took an over the counter BV gel and it seemed like it helped but I also never had sex during that time and it’s only pungent then. I got swabbed recently for BV and STI’s to get some sort of closure and no positive results came back! Now I’m thinking, is there a chance it could be the lubricant we started using around that time that’s been triggering this? My bf seems to think it’s because he ejaculates in me more often than not but usually the scent would subside after a break; it hasn’t. And he’s also done this way before I started having this round of problems.

I heard boric life suppositories (on Amazon) have worked for discharge and scent for lots of ladies. But, something is telling me to not give it a go.
    Any, and I mean ANY, advice will help by this point

• When you got swabbed most recently for this, did you discuss the problem with your provider?
    Did they test your pH?
    Have you returned for a follow-up visit regarding the odor and discharge?

Comment

• I did, she said it’s common at times and that it might just be my hormones fluctuating because about a week after this had started, I went off birth control to see what effect it would have on my libido. But, when I went to get swabbed she advised I go back on it if I hadn’t seen any difference by this point. So I started my prescription last week! I could see this making sense except the fact that the smell was faintly there just before I stopped taking it as well as it literally only being there after sex.
      All she had tested for was BV and STI’s, and said she would give me a call if something came back positive. This was a week ago Feb 4th and I haven’t received a call.
      I’ve talked to her about my discharge concerns in the past and she kinda just said the same, hormones have everything to do with it and not to worry. So I just stuck it in my mind that my abnormal discharge is normal for me.

Comment

• Sorry to add on, she also said in a lot of cases BV doesn’t have to be treated in women if the symptoms aren’t horrible or effecting you- but if they do then antibiotics can be given. This is obviously something I don’t want to ignore, and I’m scared she’ll continuously blow off my concerns and make me deal with it. But, when I did take antibiotics for it the first round I got some pretty bad stomach pains and my appetite was wonky for a while. If I can avoid them.. I would prefer that

Comment

• cmaria sorry you're experiencing this and that your doctor hasn't been super receptive! I'm not sure if you were talking to your OB/GYN or primary care doctor, but maybe you could get a second opinion, especially if your doctor isn't being as helpful as you'd like. Planned Parenthood offers pretty low-cost (or free) care and can be a good option if you can't find/get a new doctor as quickly as you want. It may be totally normal, but I think it's fair to get a second opinion.

I would think it's a good thing if you don't smell anything when you're not having sex. If you're using a lube that your body doesn't like, that could definitely affect your scent. I'd suggest trying a lube that is super basic and that doesn't have any scent/flavor/dyes, etc., to see if that makes a difference. Vulvas are so sensitive, and it may be a specific ingredient your body is reacting to.

I'm not sure if the suppositories would help if you don't have a yeast infection since they're generally meant to treat that. I'm sure if your smell is off because of a yeast infection, it'd help with that, and that might be why so many women say it helps. If you don't, though, I don't know that it would help.

Comment

• I think I'd get a second opinion on this one to be sure. It very well could be a change in your hormones or birth control, but I think the fact that you feel a little dismissed by your provider is reason enough to seek another professional's opinion. How long were you off the birth control?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• extended family sharing

many use FB to share with extended family/friends
              I have no interest in FB, instagram, twitter, etc

do miss secret lounge as a benefit...

Yesterday, 09:02 PM By amy40
            • Reply to Butt Eating

So my last post in this thread says unapproved and I think it popped up something about it getting flagged as potential spam when I posted it last night....

Yesterday, 07:30 AM By FeelingWeird
            • Reply to Adding some spice- but what spices do I use?

So I realize that this thread is quite old, but it just got bumped so I saw it and would like to add some things. Daffodils&Cream , if you are still...

Yesterday, 07:12 AM By FeelingWeird
            • Reply to Adding some spice- but what spices do I use?

Start writing to him fantasy emails. My guy works out of town and I was at a lost for texting/sexing and I was always concerned of who might be around...

04-10-2021, 08:07 PM By Amlc26
            • Reply to Butt Eating

Thanks for this! I am not huge on sticking things in there LOL, but I love external butt play, both giving and receiving. It feels so amazing, and I am...

04-10-2021, 06:11 PM By FeelingWeird

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• extended family sharing

many use FB to share with extended family/friends
              I have no interest in FB, instagram, twitter, etc

do miss secret lounge as a benefit...

Yesterday, 09:02 PM By amy40
            • Butt Eating

So I kinda got roped into a debate elsewhere about whether or not women like eating men's asses. Curious if anyone here has any arguments for or against...

04-06-2021, 07:26 AM By FeelingWeird
            • How do I know? Menopause.

I thought I was safe to go off birth control after a landmark birthday and no periods for a year. Then suddenly, the elevator scene from The Shining....

04-04-2021, 03:19 PM By Wednesday L.F.
            • Sex furniture and wedges?

I’m curious to know if anybody is using any support wedges or sex furniture they like? My knees are stiff and painful these days, which is limiting...

04-03-2021, 07:04 PM By Wednesday L.F.
            • My Wife & Orgasm

Hi Ladies,

I've been doing some lurking and reading up on some previous posts, but have not found a definitive answer.

Anyway,...

03-19-2021, 01:15 PM By EmpyNester
            Working...
            X