Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cervix is significantly smaller

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cervix is significantly smaller

Has anyone experienced their cervix becoming significantly smaller over the years? Used to be very pronounced now husband doesn’t “hit” it upon entry as if it’s disappearing for want of a better word.

• Hi Teri,

I have not — but I also don't have a cervix any longer (radical hysterectomy a very long time ago).

That said, from what I've read (and keep in mind that I don't know how old you are) the cervix CAN shrink as we age and head into menopause. So it's possible that may be occurring if you're going through menopausal/hormonal changes?

If that isn't the case (or could not be), it might be worth talking to your doctor about — just to make sure there aren't any changes occurring that shouldn't be.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to How to cope with great menstrual Pain?

When you experience cramps, consider taking a warm bath or applying a heating pad, hot water bottle, or heating pad because Heat can help relax the muscles...

Yesterday, 10:33 PM By Ronit Raj
    • Reply to My husband wants to watch me have sex with another man

I absolutely agree, Wednesday! These comments have been encouraging and supportive in every way possible. MOLLYBANKMENT, thanks so much for sharing the...

Yesterday, 09:08 PM By Clarisse Q.
    • Reply to purity culture

I wouldn't categorize it as abuse. But, I certainly believe that for any relationship to be completely heathly, sexual compatibility is very important....

Yesterday, 01:29 PM By EmptyNester
    • Reply to antimarriage and kids

There is more than 1000 miles between San Diego and Seattle and most of the west isn't along the coast. The coastal areas in California where there is...

Yesterday, 01:03 PM By jns
    • Reply to antimarriage and kids

this is true, when married one doesn't have freedom as the person who makes the most $ has the power
      for example, I've wanted to move out west for...

Yesterday, 12:29 PM By amy40

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• purity culture

Does anybody think that purity culture is a form of abuse? I was raised in a southern baptist home and grew up in purity culture. Thankfully I never fell...

Yesterday, 11:58 AM By victoriachan365
    • permanent hair removal

Has anybody ever done electrolysis or laser hair removal? I'm looking for permanent hair removal for my brazilian area as soon as I have money. I'm sick...

11-29-2022, 08:27 PM By victoriachan365
    • antimarriage and kids

I was wondering if anybody else can relate? Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and do not desire marriage or kids. Growing up in a fundamentalist...

11-29-2022, 08:20 PM By victoriachan365
    • Holidays and new relationships

I know that every single couple approaches this topic, as well as their relationship, at their own pace. Since it's the holiday season in America, I'd...

11-28-2022, 06:03 PM By atskitty2
    • Husband doesn’t want sex like I do

I, (22) and my husband (30) have been together a couple years. At first sex was great. The last year, it’s declined. Now it’s to the point where it’s...

11-28-2022, 10:51 AM By Red77
    Working...
    X