Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused symptoms. UTI, BV, now gushing period. What could this be?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused symptoms. UTI, BV, now gushing period. What could this be?

I'm getting really concerned that something is seriously wrong with me. About a month ago my symptoms started with vaginal burning (especially bad when peeing) and mild itching. My inital thought was yeast infection but meds were ineffective. I was then tested for BV, yeast infection and UTI and they all came back clear.

A week after tests my period came on. I'm on the mini-pill which makes my periods slightly irregular but I normally come on lightly for a week, off for a week and then on heavier for a week, then off for 3-4 weeks. I should now be a the end of my second week on, but it's still going strong and has started to gush heavily whenever I urinate or stand up. This is not normal for me.

A week ago I started taking acidpohilus capsules which have stopped most of the vaginal burning and itching. But it still burns pretty badly when I pee and I have a painful 'urgency signal' in my bladder/urethra even when my bladder isn't that full. But I don't have an excessively frequent need to urinate. I have also developed a burning pain in my lower pelvic region which is sometimes stabbing, sometimes throbbing, sometimes a wave and sometimes constant.

There is no chance of STDs and I have not injured myself in this area recently. I have an appointment booked at the GU for a few days time but I'm still on my period - is it worth going? Can they do tests while I'm on?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is wrong with me? I'm worried sick and extremely confused. My symptoms just keep changing. I'm 27 years old.

• Hmmm.... so sorry you're going through all this. My thoughts are what you already mentioned - std's, BV, yeast infection, or an UTI. Just keep seeing your doc until you get it fig. out. Something has to be causing this. The only other thing I can think of is bubbel bath sometimes can cause irritation with the urethra. Wish I could be of more help.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Comment

• In response to your post

I work in a hospital that specializes in cancer and I don't want to rush into anything because I could be wrong but your symptoms sound eerily familiar to either Cervical cancer or Ovarian Cancer. My advice would be to make an appointment with your gynecologist and request a cervical cancer screening as well as an ultrasound of your pelvis to rule out any tumors in your pelvic area.
      I'm not trying to scare you but with these sort of cancers, symptoms don't usually appear until after the cancer has spread to other areas of your body. With your age, it isn't likely though. If caught early enough, it is treatable and in fact, curable.
      I hope you will certainly look into what I have said to you.
      Good luck.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X