Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irregular, early, heavy, prolonged period!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irregular, early, heavy, prolonged period!

Im 17 and have had regular periods since I was 12.
    Ive always been pretty heavy but not terribly, ocasionally with excruciating pain [but not often the last couple of years] and they always last 5-6 days.
    This month I was two weeks early, starting a day or two after I last had sex.
    It has been extremely heavy with alot more blood clotts than usual and Im onto day 7, with no signs of letting up.
    Not that long considering other posts of month long periods but its really unusal for me.
    I am not on any birth control.
    I am under alot off stress ect lately and hope that it's the problem.
    Im trying to get a doctors appointment asap.
    If anyone has any ideas or similar situations please share.

Thanks for reading!

• Get your blood count checked

As I posted in another thread, get that done ASAP. Too low and you can have major consequences. I almost waited too long.

Comment

• I went to the doctors yesterday.
      She gave me two possibilities.
      1, Stress.
      2, an infection.

I had to give a sample today and that is being tested for chlymida.
      There is also small possibility of pregnancy.

Im praying for stress.

Comment

• Same boat...kinda

I just got my period for the 2nd time this month, bout 2 and half weeks apart and I'm freakin cause this has never happened. Same thing with me just had sex a couple of days ago and with someone new. It's only day one so I don't know how different it is from other periods. My face is also breaking out in these weird hard little pimples. I have a doctors appointment already but it's not til the 27th of aug. Thinking I should get in sooner now.....

Comment

• Are you under any stress at the moment?
          My tests all came back clear and it was down to stress with me.
          See how it goes the first few days and if it worrys you get an appoinent quicker.

Comment

• A little but no more than usual. I've been under a lot of stress ever since my divorce. That was over a year ago though. It was a light period. I'm thinking maybe it's my back that is out of whack and I may need to go to the chiropractor. I'm having other problems too like sensitive to the touch parts on my back and arms. I've also had really bad headaches. Anyway, guess I'll find out soon what's going on. Stress sucks!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X