Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sex= messed up cycle?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sex= messed up cycle?

I just got married 3 weeks ago & that was the first time I'd had sex. I'm on quasense birth control but have had intermittent spotting/bleeding for the past week- does sex mess up your cycle or is this something I need to see a doctor about?

• If you've never had sex, or haven't in a long time, lots of it can make you spot. My husband and I usually go at it 3-4 times a week. On weeks where it's 3-4 times a day, I will start to spot, especially if it's rough. I wouldn't be concerned about it right now. If it continues it couldn't hurt getting yourself checked out if you feel something is wrong. My bet is that it's just your body adjusting to being sexually active. Hope that helps and puts your mind at ease a bit. And congrats on getting married! All the best to you both.

Comment

• If you've never had sex, or haven't in a long time, lots of it can make you spot. My husband and I usually go at it 3-4 times a week. On weeks where it's 3-4 times a day, I will start to spot, especially if it's rough. I wouldn't be concerned about it right now. If it continues it couldn't hurt getting yourself checked out if you feel something is wrong. My bet is that it's just your body adjusting to being sexually active. Hope that helps and puts your mind at ease a bit. And congrats on getting married! All the best to you both.

Thanks so much! That definitely makes sense and it helps to have someone else's perspective! I appreciate it!

Comment

• Anytime.

Comment

• I just noticed that I'm bleeding in that area. My last period was on the 12th. I haven't had sex in 10 months. I just went to the gyno July 24th and no harmful bacteria was there. What else could that be? Should I be worried?

Comment

• I should have said I just noticed today that I was bleeding and this never happened to me before.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X