Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bleeding Cervix-some graphic descriptions

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleeding Cervix-some graphic descriptions

Hi,
    I wondering if anyone can help me answer a few questions. Earlier this week I went to my gyno and had an exam, she told me my cervix was bleeding a bit and then she proceeded to cauterize it using silver nitrate. She didn't tell me of any side affects other than some black discharge (the silver nitrate and some spotting). The next moring I was doing more than spotting so I called her back and she said if it continued to come in the following day.
    Well that was yesterday and I had to go back to see her, she did another exam and said that she could still see blood coming from my cervix. So she cauterized it again and this time she said she used lots of silver nitrate and I could expect the same side affects. Well last night I got up to use the washroom and I was having some heavy bleeding with lots of clots. In the space of 2 mintues I passed 3 really big clots with lots of blood. It was like having a really, really heavy period. Today I am not having as much blood, more like a moderate period, and it isn't as bright. My questions are: Is this normal? and How much blood is too much before I should go see a doctor?

• Well that certainly doesn't sound normal. But are you sure it's not an early/late period? Maybe the bleeding the doctor saw wasn't so much coming "from" your cervix as "through" it. Or, maybe it was a miscarriage? Any chance of you having become pregnant?
    Well some people say that you shouldn't tempt fate, and for them I can not disagree. But I never learned nothing from playing it safe; I say fate should not tempt me. I take my chances.

Comment

• Well good news everyone. I ended up going to emergency yesterday because I was still bleeding and not feeling the best. The Gyno had a look and put a different cauterizing agent on it and so far it seems to have work! My fingers are crossed that this had solved the problem!!!!

Thanks

Comment

• Good to hear. Hope things are all back to normal.
        Well some people say that you shouldn't tempt fate, and for them I can not disagree. But I never learned nothing from playing it safe; I say fate should not tempt me. I take my chances.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X