Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Have Got Rid Of Bv

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have Got Rid Of Bv

Hi,

I am a 23 year old australia and have been struggling with BV for 12 months. I have had the same partner this time, and continually had re-curring BV after treatment treatment treatment of ANTIBIOTICS, PH CLEANSERS, i was at my wits end, and it was bordering on ruining my sex life with my partner. I read through forums constantly and was hearing about women having the BV for 15 years and i got so down in the dumps. I would treat through antibiotics, and went to so many doctors and was told time after time, take the antibiotics take the antiobiotics. The whole time i was also taking the acidophilus tablets and i had no luck whatsoever. And i had BV bad, i mean like really bad.

So.....
    I recently found a cure. The antibiotics kill of the BV for a while, but it continues to come back reguarly. The acidophlius is one of many LACTOBACILLUS probiotics. The acidophilus tablets are specifically made for good bacteria for the stomach. And isnt specified for the benefit of the vaginal flora, but it MAY help. Dependant on the woman.
    Anyway....i went to see a naturopath, and was put on LACTOBACILLUS RHAMNOSUS which is a probiotic formulated to help the vagina flora "healthy" PH levels, and good bacteria levels. This probiotic is in a tablet called Femdophilus made by jarrow formulas, which is not able to be sent to australia, as it is made in america. So i thought i was in no luck. Since i have been taking the lactobacillus rhamnosus, my BV has gradually gone away. And i can still have unprotected sex with my boyfriend. He is also taking the inner health plus (lactobacillus acidopholus) as mens semen is very alkaline.
    Since i have been taking this, it has gone away and i am so happy. I know everyone talks about using gels, antibiotics etc....i got BV back again, to the point the odour was bad. I didnt go back to the doctors, and i started taking only the lactobacillus rhamnosus, and it has cleared it up without antibiotics.
    I really hope this helps you all out there, as i know what its like, doctors dont know anything about BV, except to throw you a prescription for some antibiotics, which ends up killing all your good bacteria again anyway, so your more prone to getting BV and back to sqaure one again. I have also cut out alot of sugar in my diet, i used to eat lots of lollies and drink lots of juices. Which i have cut down on as the sugar loves feeding the bad bacteria.

I know every womans body is different, but i thought id share my success with everyone, if you dont find antibiotics are working, try the holistic approach and go see a naturopath or take the probiotic i described.

Good luck! xx

• what was the name of the one your boyfriend was taking? I also noticed that I didnt start having a problem with bv until me and boyfriend started having unprotected sex I think it has something to do with what they eat and drink or if they somke cause I heard that their semen has some of the things thats in their bodys waste so what ever they take in its in there semen and our vaginas are not strong enough to fight off their bacteria

Comment

• Originally posted by ajohnstone View Post
      Hi,

I am a 23 year old australia and have been struggling with BV for 12 months. I have had the same partner this time, and continually had re-curring BV after treatment treatment treatment of ANTIBIOTICS, PH CLEANSERS, i was at my wits end, and it was bordering on ruining my sex life with my partner. I read through forums constantly and was hearing about women having the BV for 15 years and i got so down in the dumps. I would treat through antibiotics, and went to so many doctors and was told time after time, take the antibiotics take the antiobiotics. The whole time i was also taking the acidophilus tablets and i had no luck whatsoever. And i had BV bad, i mean like really bad.

So.....
      I recently found a cure. The antibiotics kill of the BV for a while, but it continues to come back reguarly. The acidophlius is one of many LACTOBACILLUS probiotics. The acidophilus tablets are specifically made for good bacteria for the stomach. And isnt specified for the benefit of the vaginal flora, but it MAY help. Dependant on the woman.
      Anyway....i went to see a naturopath, and was put on LACTOBACILLUS RHAMNOSUS which is a probiotic formulated to help the vagina flora "healthy" PH levels, and good bacteria levels. This probiotic is in a tablet called Femdophilus made by jarrow formulas, which is not able to be sent to australia, as it is made in america. So i thought i was in no luck. Since i have been taking the lactobacillus rhamnosus, my BV has gradually gone away. And i can still have unprotected sex with my boyfriend. He is also taking the inner health plus (lactobacillus acidopholus) as mens semen is very alkaline.
      Since i have been taking this, it has gone away and i am so happy. I know everyone talks about using gels, antibiotics etc....i got BV back again, to the point the odour was bad. I didnt go back to the doctors, and i started taking only the lactobacillus rhamnosus, and it has cleared it up without antibiotics.
      I really hope this helps you all out there, as i know what its like, doctors dont know anything about BV, except to throw you a prescription for some antibiotics, which ends up killing all your good bacteria again anyway, so your more prone to getting BV and back to sqaure one again. I have also cut out alot of sugar in my diet, i used to eat lots of lollies and drink lots of juices. Which i have cut down on as the sugar loves feeding the bad bacteria.

I know every womans body is different, but i thought id share my success with everyone, if you dont find antibiotics are working, try the holistic approach and go see a naturopath or take the probiotic i described.

Good luck! xx

hi ajohnstone!!!!!

you just took probiotics and that's it? how many times a day and how long did it take for you to be bv free? i'm in the usa and i've been taking femdophilus everyday since april 2008 and i've doubled up for about 2 months now....still bv. do you insert it vaginally? please let me know....
      thanks..............

sad21

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X