Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Tampon Stuck

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Tampon Stuck

This is nasty and gross but I need some help.
    For over a week, I had noticed a really foul smell coming from down there. It was really bad after sex with my BF. I have never had any issues down there before and never a smell problem. I researched on the net only to believe it was BV (Bacterial VAginosis). After dinner at my friends the other night, I had terrible pains in my abdominal area, went to the bathroom and to my horror, an old tampon came out. It has been in there for well over a week, probably more like 10 days or so ( I am disgusted and mortified) and have no idea how I did not know this. The smell has subsided and the pains are much better. I would like to wait to see my own doctor till Monday (since its the weekend) but should I be getting to the clinic ASAP? I am very worried about a serious infection and have had a kidney transplant so even more worried about it causing harm. Any advice or similar stories would be appreciated! Thanks...

• Yikes! You are possibly the luckiest woman alive. My friend was on a drip and half comatosed for a week after forgetting about a tampon.

Its a bit late now, seeing as youve been to the doctors - how did it go? But, if id have read your thread earlier, i wouldve demanded that you went to A&E to be internally scanned for retained products.

Its such an easy thing to do though, i refrain from using tampons - life is too hectic to remember about tampons!!

Hope you are well... let us know...

Comment

• wow

you are lucky you didnt end up with toxic shosk syndrome. that has acually killed alot of women just from simply forgetting a tampon. that bacteria from the tampon was causing your cramps. you are very lucky not to be in the hospital fighting for your life.

Comment

• You are so lucky. Maybe an idea for you when on your period. Buy a roll of blue painters tape and everytime you are on your period and put in a tampon tear a small piece of the blue tape off and put it in your personal bathroom so worst case scenerio at least at the end of every night whether you go out or not you will remember to pull the tampon out before you go to bed. As you should not sleep with them in, then the next day tear off a new piece of the blue tape ,doesnt have to be huge, and stick it again by the toilet paper holder. Everytime you pull the roll of tp if you see the blue you know its in you when the blue is gone you are good to go. Luck is on your side my dear. Very very lucky.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X