Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really strange periods - some advice please!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really strange periods - some advice please!

Well I started my periods when I was ten, and they've always been pretty irregular. One time I went about six months without having one at all.
    Anyway, I'm 16 now, and had sex for the first time in January. The last time I done it was the start of February and I had a period in March.
    Since then...nothing.

However in April, May and June for about four days I had spotting and brown discharge, which I think was kind of my period? Now I'm not even getting that.

It's September now so I'm pretttttty anxious as to what's wrong with me.
    I'm too scared to go to the Doc's though, although I went for more or less the same thing last year and he done a blood and urine test which all came back fine apparently.

Some advice would really be appreciated as I'm freaking out right now trying to find out what is wrong with me. I also have dull pains near where I think my ovaries are..but I got diagnosed with IBS 2 years ago so it could be that. I have also just done my exams & started college which could be a stress related reason as to why I'm having these horrible none existant periods. Help would be AMAZING, thankyou!!

• Hello Pooch, I am in the same boat that you are in dear, and for me I fear that I may be pregnant. I have taken a test and it came back negative. Are you on any form of birth control at all? I would say just try and relax and go see the doc it will be a good idea for you. its better that you take care of yourself in that respect because you dont know what's going on and this is a good way to find out. best of luck dear.
    cheers
    Before you criticise someone walk a mile in their shoes and then that way if they get angry they will be a mile away and barefoot

Comment

• Well it's good to know I'm not alone, & thanks a lot for replying.

But no, I'm not on any birth control at all..never have been.
      Yesterday though I started having that all too familar brown discharge.
      Could this finally be my period coming??

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X