Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaginal problems

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaginal problems

I am 16 years old and for about 3 years now, when I urinate, my vagina burns, sometimes for hours. It's not every day that this happens. Maybe once every 2 weeks. I finally went to the doctor and they've done 4 urine samples and cannot find anything. I've gone for ultrasounds and such, and nothing is showing up. I also find that I have an odour coming from my private area which isn't fishy, but it's unpleasant. I am scheduled to see a urologist on the 15th of October, but in the mean time, can anybody shed some light on my current situation?

• Pumpkin, you shouldve gone to the doctors sooner.

Have you had unprotected sex? Could be a STD? Hopefully from your age, can we rule out STDs? However, if youve had unprotected sex, then ask your doctor / gyno to swab you.

First thing that came to mind was Cystitis, but that wouldve shown up on your urine samples.

Could be thrush / yeast infection... but thats usually accompanied by itching... hmmmm, tricky one, sorry i cant help anymore...

Have you any abnormal discharge, is that where the odour is coming from?

My sympathies for coping with this for 3 years.

Miffed x

Comment

• Sorry, forgot to say -

Try putting on some live yoghurt (or goats milk yoghurt) straight from the fridge to help soothe the burning.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X