Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Shower Sex

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Shower Sex

I recently got married and my husband and I were thinking about trying out shower sex. I've heard that sex in the shower, hot tub, pool, etc (places like that) make it easier for the condom to break. Is this true? I'm trying to get on the pill but I don't have any medical coverage right now and we've been using condoms since I'm still in college and don't want to get pregnant until after I graduate...Which is in a couple of years.

My other question is, we've never used lube before (we never had problems) but now we're looking into it. What kinds should we look into? Will any of these help or hinder with anything with the shower romp?

If anyone has any tips/tricks, that'd be great =]

• I wouldn't suggest shower sex with a condom and no birth control . I've heard of horrible experiences while trying to do so, that turned into a huge life change 9 months later!

However, you could always try shower sex while you're both facing away from the water so it isn't drenching you both, and you still get a pretty good idea of what it's like, while using a condom.

As far as the lube goes, you can't go wrong with KY Yours + Mine. Even the regular (and cheaper) KY works great.

Comment

• So there's a chance it can break?

Sorry, I'm so paranoid about something happening, haha.

Comment

• There's always a chance, unfortunately. If you have shower sex, please be sure to keep a couple extra handy within arms reach just in case the one you're using breaks.

The only way to be more comfortable about this is by getting on the pill asap. Your parents should be able to add you to their health insurance, with you being in uni. I'm not sure of all the details of your situation though.

Comment

• I was dropped from their insurance once I got married because I'm no longer considered their dependent, but we're trying. As much as I'd love to shower with my husband, I think him and I are going to have to keep it a pretty behaved one, haha. Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by MorbidDawn View Post
            I was dropped from their insurance once I got married because I'm no longer considered their dependent, but we're trying. As much as I'd love to shower with my husband, I think him and I are going to have to keep it a pretty behaved one, haha. Thank you!
            Oral and/or manual sex would definitely be an option. I like to lather up a little moisturizing shower gel (for sensitive skin... its delicate down there) in my hands and manually stimulate him. Its awesomely slippery, and he loves it. A silicone-based lube would also work, just don't use water based as it will just wash away. He can also use the lube for you. (I personally don't like to get soap down there, I feel like I get dried out, I think I have extremely sensitive skin). For oral, well, only the usual equipment need be used.

Comment

• Hm, just had another thought. What about spermicide films? Insert before you get in the shower and presto, no condom needed! May still want to use some silicone based lube though, plain old water will actually decrease your natural lubrication by washing it away during shower sex.

Comment

• Originally posted by golden_nemesis View Post
                Oral and/or manual sex would definitely be an option. I like to lather up a little moisturizing shower gel (for sensitive skin... its delicate down there) in my hands and manually stimulate him. Its awesomely slippery, and he loves it. A silicone-based lube would also work, just don't use water based as it will just wash away. He can also use the lube for you. (I personally don't like to get soap down there, I feel like I get dried out, I think I have extremely sensitive skin). For oral, well, only the usual equipment need be used.
                That'll work...Thanks so much everyone =] I waited until I was married to have sex so I'm new to all of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by MorbidDawn View Post
                  That'll work...Thanks so much everyone =] I waited until I was married to have sex so I'm new to all of this.
                  Big kudos to you both for waiting and especially now for being willing to openly discuss sex and explore the possibilities. A lot of people have a very hard making that transition. You are approaching it the exact right way: having fun and trying new things!

Comment

• you can also get cheap birth controll (not defective, just low cost) at planned parenthood, also if you can get the money for a single dr visit, Walmart pharmacy has a birth controll called tri spirintec for only $9 a month... totally worth it! As far as planned parenthood, it depends on how much you make I believe.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Is there something wrong with me?

Like everyone else just pointed out before me, there is nothing wrong with you. NEVER EVER blame yourself for something like this.
                      You were just...

Yesterday, 09:07 AM By Mo
                    • Reply to Making everyday routine joyful

This could be a lot of fun, but I could never do this at work. I could do this with texts from he BF, set only to work only at certain times. I'd especially...

07-04-2022, 06:16 PM By atskitty2
                    • Reply to Does lube actually help you?

Lube definitely helps me! I love using it with sex toys and partners alike and always finds that it only enhances my experience!

07-04-2022, 10:27 AM By Zoë T.

I'm not the best multitasker and personally like to devote all of my energy and mind towards one thing at a time. So using a sex toy during work or zoom...

07-04-2022, 10:22 AM By Zoë T.

One thing about work is that you are being paid for your work which to me means you should be focused on work when you are being paid to perform it (and...

07-03-2022, 10:29 PM By jns

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X