Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hair Down There...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Down There...

Greetings, everyone!

I hope you will all be receptive to a gentleman coming here for advice.

I've been in 3 long-term relationships throughout my entire adult life, and after a 3-year hiatus following the end of my last relationship, I finally feel comfortable getting back out there. Well...kind of. I'm scared to death about one thing: I'm 47 and don't go at all for the shaved, waxed thing that seems so pervasive nowadays. Times have changed from when I was out there! Anyway, I hope this doesn't offend any of you women, but I just don't like that look. It looks prepubescent, like a little girl. I think female pubic hair is SEXY. I'm going to be nervous ENOUGH after not having had sex for over 3 years. And I honestly, don't think I'd be able to perform if I met and woman, things got intimate and she were bare down there.

So I'm not sure what I'm asking, but I'll start with this: Do most women in my demographic actually shave and/or wax everything away down there?

And secondly, would it be appropriate for me to ask a woman about it? (one things were heading toward being intimate) Or would she think I was a creep or off my rocker?

Anyway, I'm very nervous typing this. I've never actually registered on an online forum before so this was a big deal for me.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers!

• A thread with recent entries about this for the first question: https://www.womens-health.com/boards...en-prefer.html

For the second question, to paraphrase Forest Gump: "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." It's probably not appropriate to bring it up before you can see what you have got. Then, if it's not your thing, joke that you would like to see her with hair concealing her privates. Say how you would like to have her hair tickle your face when you are down there. Never compare her with someone else.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• 231 views. 1 response. What a wonderfully responsive and helpful online community!

Comment

• Honestly you are not going to get much of a response because if you do a site search this has been discussed many many times already. I do not mean that in a mean way or anything just that like any other forum site you can search topics to see if things are already being discussed.

However to indulge the questions yes there are many women who will shave and wax, many will also simply trim it a bit in order to keep it more well kept looking. And secondly I think it is far too extreme to ask a woman if she is bare down there. One must understand that all women are different and it is true that you never know what you are going to get. Maybe she is bare down there because she was experimenting that week thinking that a date would prefer that. Perhaps a woman has been shaving down there her whole life and is just bare because that is what she is used to. Maybe she wants it bare for that smooth feeling but keeps a strip of hair just to show that she is still a "woman". In any case can you really be upset to the point of not being able to perform if she chose to have it shaved? I am sure you would feel a bit awkward if you were wanting to get intimate with a woman and she looked at you and said "oh my God hair? why?? I cannot perform now" (or vise versa of no hair). That would not be fair to you if she simply did not like the way you chose to be.

If you do not like the look then you do not like it, that is your personal preference which is nothing bad at all. You just need to approach each situation individually. I am sure hair down there would not be the only reason you like a woman enough to sleep with her so be open to the possibility that the women you meet, and quite enjoy being with, could have less hair there than you were hoping. Also remember that hair can always grow. Should a meeting turn into a romantic relationship you can always at that time bring up that you have always liked more hair down there and there is the possibility that she would be perfectly okay with letting it grow out a bit.
        There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• I am 27 and virtually all women in my age range shave. I dont think there is a tactful way to find out in advance in order to decide if u want to sleep w her and dont think u should demand it right off the bat. Id say just suck it up for a lil bit and then tell her how sexy u think hair would be on her. Id do anything my bf requested but would be very put off at a statement like u made if we hadnt even slept together yet.

Comment

• I shave, but I don't shave everything off. I think if you leave a some hair it doeskin look prepubescent. I dont want my husband having a mouth full of hair when I'm receiving oral.
            If you don't support our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

Comment

• You may find some women unable to deliver what you seek.

My wife, from as Asian country, has no hair on her body, except her head. She can't help it. I do not particularly see it as a negative quality.

Not all women from her homeland share that characteristic, but some do. Just they way they are, naturally.
              I do not grow old; if I stop growing, I am old.

Comment

• Personally I was against removing hair in my nether region, but after talking to my boyfriend about it, I found out that there are benefits. Mainly the benefit comes when a man gives a woman oral. There is no hair in the mouth, he's touching the skin which gives more sensitivity. Also if a man is fond of the look of a woman's vagina; he gets a full eye's view. Also when having vaginal sex you care hear more of the sound effects from the act.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baboy View Post
                  You may find some women unable to deliver what you seek.

My wife, from as Asian country, has no hair on her body, except her head. She can't help it. I do not particularly see it as a negative quality.

Not all women from her homeland share that characteristic, but some do. Just they way they are, naturally.
                  I have seen this, too.
                  I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                  Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I've asked my wife many times to try the Brazilian wax. She always says "We'll see", but never delivers. Recently she agreed to try the Brazillian, but she came home with what can only be classified as a reverse landing strip - hair on the outer labia and bare on the mons. This has been her "style" for the past few months. If I didn't know better, I'd say she does this to get my hopes up and disappoint me. It's not like she cant remember the name or doesn't know what it should look like. The last four times she promised next time, including last Friday when she had her most recent bikini wax.

Most of her friends find it funny that she takes a Percocet and has a few glasses of wine before going for a bikini wax. I think they might laugh even harder knowing she has a reverse landing strip.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X