Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fetishes - how common

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fetishes - how common

A number of other posts have dealt with fetishes - by which I mean sexual interest in things that are not themselvs naturally involved in sex: Leather, men wearing women's underwear, feet, bondage, etc, etc.

Do most people have things they would consider a fetish interest? No need to be specific if people don't want, but how common is this?

• Not sure if this is what you're asking -

I don't think I have any interests that would be necessarily classified as a fetish. I am however open minded at least to the point that I would probably give anything within reason a try.
    There is a method to my madness ........ I just haven't found it yet.

Comment

• I was seperating "fetish" from open minded - but maybe that is completely artificial. I don't in any way intend "fetish" to be deroatory. I also don't have much that I would consider a "fetish", but maybe that is just by my own definition. I'm often surprised by the (to me) strange things that people find sexual.

Maybe I should separate fetishes for material things (shoes, leather, etc) as opposed to an interest in various sexual acts to make the question more clear?

Maybe I don't even know what I am asking. Didn't really think this out carefully before I asked.

Comment

• do you mean more of whats a "yurn on", like high heel shoes, leather pants, things like that. Things that make you feel sexy or what men may find sexy on a woman?
        Bubbles

Comment

• A fetish would be if a man could only ejaculate on his wife's hands or between her boobs to get complete sexual satisfaction. I think it pertains more to men then women......He might want to be spanked like a naughty child or diapered like a baby. Maybe a woman would like to be slightly whipped to get off or want her nipples pierced and pulled...

I am only guessing but they sound pretty good to me...... for an amateur....

Comment

• I have an S&M ... interest, I won't say fetish. But I never have really gotten to try it out in a safe context. My ex (first sexual partner) tried choking me the 2nd or 3rd time I ever had sex ... because I had told him that I just might have enjoyed it. That boy had no sense.
            I'm a total scratcher/biter/etc, but my boyfriend doesn't like to get hurt :P I get kind of mean. I have to keep my nails short while he's around and instead of scratching, I press my fingers length-wise into him. It's sort of strange, but I've gotta do it.
            He is getting into spanking me during doggy-style sex, though, and it's great. He must like my butt; he is always swatting it. I must be a bad girl ;P Lol, I'm so silly tonight!
            <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• I'd say it is fairly common. I'd say maybe even 50/50...one person of every two probably has some fetish/taboo interest....That is a wild guess on my part...but from what I have seen and experienced in life.
              La Vita Loca

Comment

• Oh, and as to the question what a fetish is....I mean S&M, cross-dressing, men liking strap ons, being obsessed with gigantic breasts, etc., etc....anything even slightly off the vanilla route.
                La Vita Loca

Comment

• My partners got quite a S&M kink, which I came to enjoy whilst indulging her.

She loves being scratched and spanked and stuff, and I like it for her reaction...

I've probably got a bit of a thing for having my...err. ejaculate swallowed, but I don't know if that's just the tail end of normal interest or a 'fetish' of it's own...

Dunno.

Comment

• Originally posted by Little View Post
                    I have an S&M ... interest, I won't say fetish. But I never have really gotten to try it out in a safe context. My ex (first sexual partner) tried choking me the 2nd or 3rd time I ever had sex ... because I had told him that I just might have enjoyed it. That boy had no sense.
                    I'm a total scratcher/biter/etc, but my boyfriend doesn't like to get hurt :P I get kind of mean. I have to keep my nails short while he's around and instead of scratching, I press my fingers length-wise into him. It's sort of strange, but I've gotta do it.
                    He is getting into spanking me during doggy-style sex, though, and it's great. He must like my butt; he is always swatting it. I must be a bad girl ;P Lol, I'm so silly tonight!
                    S&M seems a really common one (me included) don't really know why. Sorry your first try didn't go well - choking is particularly worrysome because the "bottom" can't verbally complain if they don't like it - and there is some physical risk. Absolutely needs a "safe action".

Other stuff - tying people up, spanking, etc, is a lot safer - and can be lots of fun. Don't really need a formal safe word as long as "stop" is still accepted. "Red, Yellow, Green" can work for various levels of stop and go.

S&M seems to include 2 different things. Pain - where the (usually mild) pain is the point - spanking, pinching, scratching, clothes-pins, candle wax, etc. And, "forced sex" - where the bottom is physically forced to do something (sex, oral, anal, various rape fantasies), (not really - but in play of course).

Some people are much more into the first, some the second, some both.

I have no idea why some humans are wired like this. I am - I enjoy mild forms of both types of play (both as top and bottom), but couldn't say why. (All this was years ago for me of course).

Comment

• ROFLOL! I tell my SO to spank me a bit during the end of intercourse in a certain position handy for that (to see how much I like it or not since I never really had it done)...and he keeps forgetting!LOL! We are not very good at even the mildest S&M! bahahaha
                      La Vita Loca

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control & Infertility

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

01-16-2021, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
                      • Reply to Have you ghosted someone?

Vanessa R. When I met the guy I've been dating, I actually asked him about his ghosting history the first time we met. He didn't really even know what...

01-15-2021, 03:16 PM By atskitty2

I truly appreciate the insight and feedback, JonnyR , especially coming from a guy. I've been fortunate enough in recent months to come across a few "rare...

01-14-2021, 01:38 PM By Vanessa R.

Very true atskitty2 ! You bring up a good point about how easy it is for someone to walk away in all facets. Of course, the fact that there are people...

01-14-2021, 12:21 PM By Vanessa R.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

01-16-2021, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
                      • Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Hi guys , this is my first post here I’m hoping someone can give me some insight or maybe you have been through something similar an can share ! I’m...

01-08-2021, 04:05 AM By Nikkie92
                      • Got a Vulva? Let's talk wanking!

I'm putting together a piece on hands-free masturbation and would love to hear from people with vulvas. I'm looking for quotes or stories about early...

01-03-2021, 01:44 AM By Wednesday L.F.
                      • I just want some assurance.

Hello.

So these are questions for all the ladies. For those who engage in anal sex, how many years have you been having it? Have you've had...

12-30-2020, 08:01 PM By yrtxzh5a47
                      Working...
                      X