Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Female pubic hair and sexuality

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I appreciate your perspective, James! It's good for women to hear that men appreciate them in their natural state.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashlee T. View Post
      It might sound crazy, but for many women shaving the whole area is easier than having to "groom" it.

In reality, unless you're going to go TOTALLY au naturale where the pubic hair is thicker than the Amazon rain forest and grows down the insides of your legs (not super cute in shorts or a skirt), you're going to have to do some amount of grooming. Trying to shave around parts of it and trim other parts with scissors or trimmers all the while maintaining a nice "shape" is quite a challenge and quite frankly, a nuisance.

So, while many men say they like it all natural, in reality, all natural is still well groomed.

On the other hand, shaving is super easy, quick, and done.
      Ashlee,

I think you're ventured to an extreme in effort to justify your thesis.

My g/f has a gorgeous bush. It's beyond erotic. It doesn't grow Amazon rain forest thick. It feels like silk caressing my face. In summer months, she's far more attentive about keeping it trimmed and groomed. I've had my face buried in it when she hasn't. It's never bothered me.

I doubt it takes my g/f 60 seconds to shave her bikini line and run my clippers through her bush. I've watched her do it many times. In fact, she probably shaves most often at my house, assuredly because I keep my razor on my bathroom counter top along with my adjustable hair clippers. She can shave her legs in under 60 seconds.

My g/f has gorgeous, sexy legs. She loves to wear very short shorts to accentuate her beautiful legs. Hence, during summer months, she has to keep her bush in check.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claret View Post
        I think, in part, that the tendency to shave, clip, wax etc. is due to the type of clothing we are now wearing. Frankly, I don't think it in good taste to go to a beach in a bikini and have half of my pubis out on display because the hair is creeping down my leg or out the top of my bathing suit. In some way the manufacturers of these items and even under wear may be to blame because it really hurts when public hair gets caught in the leg elastic. Trust me, it can be really painfull.

Just my opinion, but perhaps others may have a different take on things.
        You're all over the right answer. I live very close to popular So Cal beaches. Many women might as well go naked. Thong bikinis cover very little. A lot of shaving is required prior to wearing a thong.

Comment

• This might help: what anyone uses to shave will determine ease and outcome of shaving.

Do not shave with shower soap.

Try to avoid aerosol shave creme. Look for tube creme. Bigelow, Cremo, Proraso, Nivea, Neutrogena, and others are excellent creme. Taylor and Truefitt & Hill are excellent shave soaps that require a badger brush to lather and apply. Look for ingredients of camphor, eucalyptus oil, and coconut oil. Menthol can be a soothing ingredient. Men's shave creme is perfect for women. Use a clean, sharp razor. Try to soak areas to be shaved with warm-to-hot water. I have a hot towel steamer that my g/f loves. Wet shaving is best.

My g/f used to shave as she had always shaved. Once she tried my shaving cremes, she was hooked. She used to get embarrassing shaving bumps at her bikini line. She doesn't with my cremes.

Try to shave in direction of hair growth, which can be difficult for women shaving their legs.

After shaving, do not wash off excellent quality shaving creme. It will protect shaved areas and prevent bumps and ingrown hairs.

With the right creme and razor, shaving for men and women is easier and results in smooth skin. There will be no signs of shaving irritation.

Young women can become self-conscious in bikinis. My g/f was. She was worried that her boyfriends would notice her shaving bumps. She usually had sex after a day at the beach with her boyfriends. (She did have an erotic, hot bikini body that apparently stimulated her boyfriends' desires. She wore very sexy bikinis. I've seen the proof.) If she had bumps, during sex she tried to hide them from her boyfriends. I have no clue how she tried to hide anything while she was naked, a question I haven't asked ;-) What I didn't know was that sex after shaving caused her uncomfortable irritation. She no longer has to worry about bumps and irritation at shaved areas.

My g/f prefers to use hair clippers to trim her bush. Clippers are easier and faster for her, and the length is even. And I get to clean up hair ;-)

My g/f loves to be pampered. I have shaved her legs for her. She does enjoy my shaving her legs because I can shave in the direction of her hair growth. I will shave her butt for her; however, her butt hair doesn't bother me.

Comment

• Mine is always clean and smooth

Comment

• Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

Comment

• Personally, I enjoy a lady's form down there however. However, I find pubic hair to be very sexy.

Comment

• When I perform oral sex on a woman, hair there is a turn-off for me. Not the appearance of it, which I can take or leave, but the inconvenience of getting it in my mouth, stuck between teeth, etc., and trying to find a discreet way to get it out of my mouth before we resume kissing. Lasered or waxed is far far better! and lately, I have found that I much prefer being waxed myself.

Comment

• i have noticed that men are more comfortable if Our's is shaved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashlee T. View Post
                      It might sound crazy, but for many women shaving the whole area is easier than having to "groom" it.

In reality, unless you're going to go TOTALLY au naturale where the pubic hair is thicker than the Amazon rain forest and grows down the insides of your legs (not super cute in shorts or a skirt), you're going to have to do some amount of grooming. Trying to shave around parts of it and trim other parts with scissors or trimmers all the while maintaining a nice "shape" is quite a challenge and quite frankly, a nuisance.

So, while many men say they like it all natural, in reality, all natural is still well groomed.

On the other hand, shaving is super easy, quick, and done.
                      I agree 100%. Once you start grooming it's easier to just shave all the hair off than to trim or groom. I shave almost every day when I shower; it's quick and easy. And I really enjoy the feeling of being clean and smooth.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Am I dumb to love him?

Welcome to WHI. You are not dumb. Who a person ends up falling in love with is often not a conscious decision. Trying to convert a person who views having...

Today, 08:20 AM By jns
                      • Reply to Squirting and Orgasms in general, help

Your partner needs to spend a lot of time on foreplay. its all about foreplay. I'm just going to come out and say it. there is too much emphasis put on...

Today, 05:34 AM By Little_Man_in_the_Boat
                      • Am I dumb to love him?

Guy make it very clear to girl that it just a "transaction". If girl agreed, they will have sex. If not then there nothing left to talk about....

Today, 04:17 AM By sahw2015
                      • Reply to Cleaning your sex toys

I'm a big fan of soap and warm water to clean my sex toys. I don't worry about full sterilization because I don't share my toys and they rarely get so...

Yesterday, 01:29 PM By Kayla Lords
                      • Reply to Why am I crying every time we have sex?

I hear two things in this....

You're going through your own stuff - gaining weight, feeling depressed, being kind of "out of it"...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Kayla Lords

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                      X