Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oral Sex leading to Sinus Issues

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral Sex leading to Sinus Issues

After my husband performs oral sex on me (female), he will almost always wake up with a stuffy nose the day after and feel as if a cold is coming on. This has happened for many years.

Anyone else ever encounter this?

As some background—
    I do not have any STDs and do not have any infections. I do yearly check ups with my gyno, but have not spoken to her about it yet.

Recently my husband’s sinus pain was so uncomfortable that he stated he would avoid oral sex as it is getting annoying for him. However, it’s something very important to me. I want to educate ourselves on what may be occurring.

Right now I’m thinking it could be a weird allergy... but no allergic response on his penis thru regular intercourse.

He does regularly have chronic sinus issues daily, but will not take any meds for them. So my thought was also maybe related to my pH irritating his sinus lining which is already inflamed?

Let me know your thoughts.

• I would think it may be bacterial or fungal. Everyone has bacteria and fungi on their skin. The vulva and vagina are an ideal environment for bacteria and fungi. A woman's body controls the bacteria and fungi through a moderately acidic environment (similar to how acidic fermented foods use compatible bacteria). If your husband's mouth and throat bacteria and fungi have a problem with your vulva and vaginal bacteria, he could end up with a sore throat (barely, slightly or more) until his normal regime is restored. I'm not sure if extra cleaning of your vulva and vagina will help anything. The stuffy nose is probably due to a histamine reaction caused by the bacteria and fungi but microbes could be pulled up in his sinuses. I would think that the acidic fluids alone would not cause a stuffy nose. Does he have problems with foods that are acidic? If he strays toward the anus, that could be more of a reason for the reaction as there are worse microbes there.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• No problems with acidic foods, but hot foods make his nose run. He has complained of a sore throat every once in a while. Even being fresh out of the shower has caused the same results, however.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to LIES

amy40 I'm curious how you can tell they're lying and know this with any degree of certainty?...

08-03-2020, 01:37 PM By atskitty2
      • Reply to LIES

I don't tend to lie as such: but I will tactfully tell the truth/bend the truth, so as to not hurt the other person's feelings. Sometimes you HAVE to...

08-03-2020, 09:05 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to LIES

I'm an open book person & feel compelled to "confess" things to husband like if I think some man I saw is good-looking, lol

08-02-2020, 10:23 AM By amy40
      • Reply to Have You Heard Of An Amicable Divorce? Let's Discuss.

I agree 100%. I wished many times that my parents had just divorced and moved on. I think my mother would be miserable regardless, but I think Dad could...

08-02-2020, 04:22 AM By atskitty2
      • Reply to Pre Mature Ejaculation problem

Welcome to Women's Health Interactive Forums. Could you go into the details a bit more? Not just the physical aspects but also how you relate to each...

07-30-2020, 03:44 PM By jns

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X