Women's Health Interactive Forums

• Before signing up for our forum please read our rules.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good lube?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good lube?

What I would like in a vaginal lubricant is is good, not just slippery. Most say that they are tasteless and odorless, but I got some from a local pharmacy and when I squeezed a small amount on my fingers, it had this slight, but awful medicinal sterile hospital smell. With that odor, I was not about to taste it. lol. So what would any of you recommend that [I]does[/I] have a taste and/or smell that's pleasant or doesn't smell like the office of an OB/GYN.

• There are all sorts of flavored ones, you can buy them at an adult shop or online.

Comment

• I swear by AstroGlide. The smell or taste is bad or even really noticeable.

Comment

• We use KY every time. Just a little goes a very long way.

Comment

• The only good lubricant I've ever used has been KY jelly and the previous poster is correct - a little goes a long way, especially if you're not using condoms. If I were using condoms, I need a whole lot of it to try and prevent dryness. If you're not using condoms, too much of it will cause a loss of friction, in my opinion, but I guess in theory that would apply to most any lubricant that's out there. I myself, am looking to experiment with other lubricants as well.

Have you ever tasted KY jelly? It has a sweet taste to me. And the coolness of the gel is better (in my opinion) than those warming lubricants that are out there.

Hope this helps!

Comment

• Originally posted by LanaBear View Post
            I swear by AstroGlide. The smell or taste is bad or even really noticeable.
            I just reread this and obviously I meant the smell or taste is NOT bad... lol

Comment

• Honey is my lube of choice, but for a really big 'member' I prefer KY.

Lubes aren't about preventing friction. You're suppose to be balancing friction for stimulation and preventing irritation, no?

Honey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awoman2 View Post
                Honey is my lube of choice, but for a really big 'member' I prefer KY.

Lubes aren't about preventing friction. You're suppose to be balancing friction for stimulation and preventing irritation, no?

Honey.

HONEY?!? Reeaaallly now! Who woulda thunk it??? That never caused you any problems? Wouldn't it be too sticky to go up in there? If it is safe to use, what a good idea!

Regarding the friction post - I think we're on the same page. I in no way want to prevent friction, that's why I said you have to be careful in using too much of it because it could result in a loss of friction, especially when coupled with condoms because condoms by themselves dulls the friction somewhat anyway, at least for me. You don't feel the veins in your partner's "member" or the skin as much either.

Honey....hmmm....googling now!

Comment

• KY is an good lube for a start but the secret to any women's health, happiness and successfull sex life lies in her giving a man a good blowjob.They love doing that,recieve immense pleasure, cannot live without it and need to practice it all the time.Thats how the blowjob parties are always such an great success worldwide since time.

Comment

• Research

Originally posted by Harshad910 View Post
                    KY is an good lube for a start but the secret to any women's health, happiness and successfull sex life lies in her giving a man a good blowjob.They love doing that,recieve immense pleasure, cannot live without it and need to practice it all the time.Thats how the blowjob parties are always such an great success worldwide since time.
                    .Research shows that blowjob helps women resolve and cure their sleep and mental illness problems.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Long term marriage with Sexual Frustration and E.D.

Hey, just wanted to share some simple advice based on your situation:

1. Keep talking openly with your wife about your feelings.
                      2. Consider seeking help

Yesterday, 02:02 AM By AnnaMav
                    • Reply to The wounds are fresh and raw

Natty1522, your previous post was several weeks ago about this guy ghosting you. I know it hurts but you cannot pull him back if he wants to go. I would...

04-11-2024, 08:38 PM By jns
                    • The wounds are fresh and raw

It's been 3 weeks since a person that I thought really cared and loved me "ghosted" me.

It still hurts everyday...It doesn't help...

04-11-2024, 06:22 PM By Natty1522
                    • Reply to One thing that has bothered me for many years

Oh I am happy that she is still able to enjoy orgasm, I always have been. I'm sure too that she is happy that I can enjoy time to myself. It's just that...

04-11-2024, 05:11 PM By easygoing
                    • Reply to Strange behaviour?

Thanks. My telling her about it was after what was en enjoyable 'session'. Somehow (quite mistakenly it seems) I thought she would see the erotic side....

04-11-2024, 05:06 PM By easygoing

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X