Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tingling lube

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tingling lube

Have questions about lubes that enhance sensation?

We have more answers!

Read our article, “New Sensation: A Guide To Warming, Cooling & Tingling Lubes” here:

https://www.womens-health.com/warmin...tingling-lubes

My boyfriend and I recently saw a commercial for "KY Intense" and decided to try tingling lube (the store we went to didnt have ky intense so we got "durex play") it's supposed to make sex more enjoyable and fun for both partners so we thought, what the heck, lets try it. When we got home I put some on him and he got a weird facial expression and said "this is weird" and we continued. as soon as he entered me it started burning and I had to make him stop. It was the most painful thing I've experienced in quite a while. It didn't tingle at all. It burned, a lot. In a matter of seconds I was nearly in tears. He had to get me a wet washrag to wipe it of with and needless to say we did not have sex that night. so my questions are:
    Has anyone tried this particular brand of tingling lube? if so, what was your experience?
    Was it the lube or was it me?
    Would a different brand (such as ky) be better, or can I just not use pleasure enhancing lube?
    what do you think the problem was?
    I appreciate any help you have to give and all opinions. thanks!
    Last edited by Alison H.; 04-30-2021, 05:48 PM.

• Wow! That's realy wierd. I tried it and was terribly disappointed cause it didn't do anything! I've tried dif warming lubes and such off and on just for fun and was really expecting something special with the "intense" stuff, esp since it cost me + $20! What I felt was just a very faint faint tingle and a little pepperminty taste.
    They may have some kind of quality control problem that results in some batches being nothing more than lube an others getting overloaded with whatever they put in the stuff to make the skin tingle.
    I'm sticking w/ streight waterless lube and using peppermint candy for a little 'extra' thing once in a while.
    P

Comment

• If you do not like the sensations (I do not either) then I would stay away from anything that says "heat, or tingly sensation given". The heat can be from compounds derived from capsacin which is the hot chemical part of chilli peppers, it also comes from compounds derived from menthol which is basically like putting toothpaste on your genitals-I thought the tingle would be great but I was so very wrong. Another compound that causes the tingly feeling is L-arginine. That is an amino acid that causes vasodilation (causes more blood to flow to the genitals which causes the increases sensations). All tingly, heat, etc type lubes are likely going to contain L-arginine which isn't going to be as bad but if you really want to avoid the heated ouch part of lubes you should stay away from anything that says "minty".
      There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• You may have to put it on your clit area only...Don't place any on him because if you do...it will end up on you. also, may look for some that have menthol...milder compound and is used in some tinglers arousal creams....helps with blood flow too.
        Last edited by Greydog72; 03-29-2010, 06:42 AM. Reason: sentencing

Comment

• Could also be that the Durex is oil based and the KY is water based.

My wife doesn't handle the oil based very well either.

Comment

• Hey sweets, you are not alone. I, too, have been a victim of the sensations product. They make it seem so so worth while on the commercials, as they do with the Burger King Burgers.....So light and fluffy with crisp lettuce and ripe tomatoes......by the time you get it, it's turned into something that has been rolled over by a Mac truck!
            I've learned to stay away from the menthol based vaginal products because menthol was made for two things...hair grease and cigarettes!!!
            Love the skin you're in
            Be proud of who you are
            Never allow others to downgrade or discriminate
            Demand love, respect & attention
            Be true to yourself and love YOU first
            With love,
            MissMeSha 810

sigpic

Comment

• I have tried some it felt ok for me but my SO said it felt very hot almost burning for him it is a oil based as well...i would try water based ones look online for reviews than just trying a little bit on ur self with out sex see how it feels

Comment

• We have a twinpack of KY Tingling and Warming. Both are gentle sensations to me and fiance doesn't seem to feel them, or not much. They also come in gel; the liquids are nice for a sample but they drip whereas the gel is apparently much better for sticking right where you want it (this is advice fiance and I got from a random shopper at WalMart when we were considering the lube aisle... I think I blushed for hours after she popped down the aisle to tell us about it!).

I don't much like the oil-based lubes myself. While they don't -burn-, they are less comfortable for me than the water-based lubes and the water lubes can be used with a greater variety of toys!

Comment

• I tried that one and also experienced some serious burning but only when it got inside of me.It may be the amount that was used. when just rubbed on clit lightly it was fine but when he tried to rub it inside and out I wound up sitting in a cold tub of water in hopes of it washing away. I then went to fascinations a bought a water based female sex enhancer called G. and well OMG. Have him rub some on your clit and then lightly rub. Also if he rubs a little on you and blows that can help. Never ever put some on him and have him inside. I have found through experience it burns on the inside. Usually abit on my clit is sufficient.

Comment

• thank you all! you were all really helpful, I think I'm gonna go buy a water based one today and see how that goes. If it burns again, i think I'll just stay away from "pleasure enhancing lube."

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to purity culture

Okay, let's just break this down. Sex is not to be confused with love. Sex is a mechanical act that can be performed in a variety of ways. This will just...

Today, 08:34 AM By Claret

husband read her detailed journal about sex with boyfriend
                      husband has tried to replicate it
                      however, husband is not boyfriend & the excitement...

Yesterday, 03:18 PM By amy40

So in the case of your TV show woman, she would not know what good sex is like with a man had she not had sex previous to marriage. If she has tried...

Yesterday, 02:24 PM By EmptyNester

I still believe in waiting for marriage as there's something special about the first time being with your husband.....I'm teaching my kid to wait until...

Yesterday, 01:32 PM By amy40
                    • Husband wants sex but just lays there

Hi I need some advice. My husband go through this a couple times during the week. He is so tired and exhausted from work and expects me to kiss on him...

Yesterday, 10:44 AM By Wifey6900

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Husband wants sex but just lays there

Hi I need some advice. My husband go through this a couple times during the week. He is so tired and exhausted from work and expects me to kiss on him...

Yesterday, 10:44 AM By Wifey6900
                    • kid grew up

my kid grew up too fast!
                      husband & I are parents to a teen-8th grader
                      I SO miss the young toddler years when we played all day- playdoh,...

12-01-2022, 10:35 AM By amy40
                    • purity culture

Does anybody think that purity culture is a form of abuse? I was raised in a southern baptist home and grew up in purity culture. Thankfully I never fell...

11-30-2022, 11:58 AM By victoriachan365
                    • permanent hair removal

Has anybody ever done electrolysis or laser hair removal? I'm looking for permanent hair removal for my brazilian area as soon as I have money. I'm sick...

11-29-2022, 08:27 PM By victoriachan365
                    • antimarriage and kids

I was wondering if anybody else can relate? Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and do not desire marriage or kids. Growing up in a fundamentalist...

11-29-2022, 08:20 PM By victoriachan365
                    Working...
                    X