Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I'm doomed.. no sex drive and no lube HELP!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm doomed.. no sex drive and no lube HELP!

What would be the problem with a 25 year old female who's healthy not being able to get wet and not having much of a sex drive? Nothing has changed and just a year ago, I had the drive of a man... This is killing me and causing problems in my relationship. Anyone have any advice or know what type of doctor I should see? My OBGYN is a quack and can't help me

• Get a new doctor. Seek the opinions of your friends who like their doctor. There is no need to get into detailed information to ask who they see and how they like him/her. Have you started any new medications in the last year? If so, that may be what is causing your low sex drive. There are a number of things that can throw you a curve ball like stress and hormonal issues. How is your relationship? Sometimes, there may be subtle problems in a relationship that are unconsciously brought into the bedroom. There are many lubricants on the market if that seems to be the main source of the problem, but it sounds like there are some underlying issues. In my opinion, anytime a person refers to their doctor as a quack indicates that their is a lack of communication and you need to be able to communicate effectively, with confidence, when it comes to your health and the person you are seeking medical advice from.

Comment

• Androld,I'm 21 and have the same problem, it started about a year ago. I've been to 4 doctors, none have been able to diagnose the problem.

I was having pain during intercourse caused by a cyst, which was removed. Now that the pain is gone, I had hoped my libido would return but so far it has not. To me, it seems like my whole attitude toward sex has changed. When I had high libido, sex was an important part of my life, now I just do it for my husband. I do derive some pleasure from pleasing him but I don't feel any response myself. Like you, I don't even get wet and have to use a lube.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
      ― Bodhidharma

Comment

• Is your OB/Gyn male or female? Young or old? I think age and gender of a doctor are important. For. 5-6 years I was seeing an older (70ish) male psychiatrist, I don't think that he really listened to me. He diagnosed me with AD/ HD and depression. He put me on an antidepressant that could treat both. For a few years it worked fine. Then I asked to be put on an AD/HD only Med and antidepressant He flat out refused. I also complained about my lack of libido and response. His reply was "There books to help with that. " I found a great female psychiatrist who actually listens to her patients.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X