Women's Health Interactive Forums

• Before signing up for our forum please read our rules.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sex toys...help!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex toys...help!

So I ordered some sex toys online because I thought that it would add a little something to me and my boyfriend's sex life. It is VERY good, don't get me wrong. I always here though that getting toys helps and its nice for girls to have their toys,etc. When I brought it up to my boyfriend, it said that it isn't feeling it and doesn't think that i should get them because he doesnt like the idea. I dont know what to do, I don't know if I should just get them, or when they come in the mail, if i should just send them back. Has this every happened to anyone?? What do I do?

• the "it isn't feeling it" should be he isn't feeling it....lol

Comment

• boys with toys

Coming from a blokes perspective it can go wither way. If your boyfriend doesnt like the idea of toys then steer clear as this can make him feel inferior. Ask him how he feels about vibrators and dildos etc keep the two seperate as a huge dildo is a no no, whereas a vibrator is seen as something else. I myself dont mind if my gf uses a vibrator it can speed the whole process up if im not feeling like i can last the distance. Also i know its sends her wild. At the end of the day you have to take your boyfriends opinion very seriously as hes the one with the issue.

Comment

• DONT SEND THEM BACK!!!

If he doesnt like them, then thats alright, just use them when he is not around. I am a firm believer in sex toys. They are (sadly) my life, i have ummm....well.... a few. dozen. hundred. okay, 10.

Plus, i believe that they help you to understand what feels good for yourself...even if you keep them for this purpose alone and use it as feedback to your boyfriend, so that he can make sex even better for you.

Whatever you do, dont send them back and if you feel you have to...send them to me

Comment

• Let him try using them with you - he may enjoy it. Just don't imply that they are in any way a substitute, or that he is inadequate. He may even appreciate them the next time his tongue is about to fall off

If he is sensitive about toys, there are some that are less - um - realistic looking.

The one problem with toys - in particular vibrators is that you can get sort of addicted - can't orgasm without one. That is OK in general, but can be a bit of a problem if you travel and only have carry-on luggage to take through security. Small generic-looking toys aren't so bad, but you don't want TSA to open up your carry-on, take out the King-Kong humongous ultra realistic #### and ask "what is this".

BTW: did you every wonder how those thigns are designed: I mean there must be engineering drawings and specifications for the moulding and mechanical parts, I just wonder what a meeting must be like at a sex-toy manufacturer. Do they have people for "product testing"? Not to mention -if you are an engineer / designer at that sort of company - how do you answer "what do you do". Guess there aren't "bring your kids to work" days there either.

Comment

• Originally posted by rcoreyus View Post
            BTW: did you every wonder how those thigns are designed: I mean there must be engineering drawings and specifications for the moulding and mechanical parts, I just wonder what a meeting must be like at a sex-toy manufacturer. Do they have people for "product testing"? Not to mention -if you are an engineer / designer at that sort of company - how do you answer "what do you do". Guess there aren't "bring your kids to work" days there either.
            Now, thats a thought and i should be there...against animal testing but completely pro-sex toy testing ....hmmm, i wonder where i can get an application form from. I feel a career change coming on.

But, in a mans defence....it really is never the same. In fact its a totally different feeling altogether.

Comment

• Originally posted by miffed23 View Post
              But, in a mans defence....it really is never the same. In fact its a totally different feeling altogether.
              Agreed.

We have used toys on occasion, but honestly I prefer the real deal.
              There is a method to my madness ........ I just haven't found it yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluesapphire315 View Post
                So I ordered some sex toys online because I thought that it would add a little something to me and my boyfriend's sex life. It is VERY good, don't get me wrong. I always here though that getting toys helps and its nice for girls to have their toys,etc. When I brought it up to my boyfriend, it said that it isn't feeling it and doesn't think that i should get them because he doesnt like the idea. I dont know what to do, I don't know if I should just get them, or when they come in the mail, if i should just send them back. Has this every happened to anyone?? What do I do?
                Why doesnt he like the idea? I understand that many men feel threatended by anyone or anything that may make their partner feel good that doesnt involve them. Would he be more open to it if you did involve him? Did you tell him that you ordered them? If not, what if he is the one home to receive the package. I would give him a heads up that they are on the way. Explain to him that you did not know he would be opposed to them when you ordered them. Maybe when he sees them he will feel differently or be open to them. If you dont tell him and you do keep them, what if he finds them? If you dont really feel that strongly about having them, I think you should still tell him they are coming and will send them back when they arrive. Never know, may open up a line of communication with him about them and why he is opposed and all that.

Comment

• recoreyus

I can't imagine how they advertised that position? Your job description is to proove that you know various sizes, exact detail, of course you can review your knowledge by watching still photos? lol.

miffed23
                  have ummm....well.... a few. dozen. hundred. okay, 10.
                  Yeah but toys are toys sometimes they stay in the toy box and don't come out for a while, now picture that! It's in the cards you know:- His name starts with R...........
                  true....

Fallen1
                  We have used toys on occasion, but honestly I prefer the real deal.
                  I do see them as a substitute personally, plastic verses fantastic? I know that i definately will take the f over p anytime. Well again in one way those two letters can mean the same, if you know what i mean....

bluesapphire315
                  and its nice for girls to have their toys,etc.
                  Think you answered your own question.

If you man wants to feel like a "Man", enjoy your own experimentations, i am sure there will be a chance further down the track that you can re-mention them in a different context of how you personally tried them " when he wasn't available", curiousity "killed the cat" you know.....

That cat may very well just come out of the bag....

UNeeklyme
                  Explain to him that you did not know he would be opposed to them when you ordered them.
                  At least he knows there coming, brings the opportunity later for re-discussion doesn't it?

CW
                  PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by bluesapphire315 View Post
                    My husband is insanely jealous of Eric the Eroscillator...He hates it...For some reason he feels that this is taking his place... Because of this I only use it when he is not around....Like this afternoon when he was riding the lawn mower and cutting grass. Or when he is asleep at night and I get the hots.....This is something that I can do nothing about nor even try anymore....He is jealous of a motorized machine but I will keep him either way.....Other than that, he is real cool.......TC, C

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Long term marriage with Sexual Frustration and E.D.

Hey, just wanted to share some simple advice based on your situation:

1. Keep talking openly with your wife about your feelings.
                      2. Consider seeking help

Yesterday, 02:02 AM By AnnaMav
                    • Reply to The wounds are fresh and raw

Natty1522, your previous post was several weeks ago about this guy ghosting you. I know it hurts but you cannot pull him back if he wants to go. I would...

04-11-2024, 08:38 PM By jns
                    • The wounds are fresh and raw

It's been 3 weeks since a person that I thought really cared and loved me "ghosted" me.

It still hurts everyday...It doesn't help...

04-11-2024, 06:22 PM By Natty1522
                    • Reply to One thing that has bothered me for many years

Oh I am happy that she is still able to enjoy orgasm, I always have been. I'm sure too that she is happy that I can enjoy time to myself. It's just that...

04-11-2024, 05:11 PM By easygoing
                    • Reply to Strange behaviour?

Thanks. My telling her about it was after what was en enjoyable 'session'. Somehow (quite mistakenly it seems) I thought she would see the erotic side....

04-11-2024, 05:06 PM By easygoing

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X