Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do women get turned off by younger men?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do women get turned off by younger men?

Hi
    I met this girl recently who has all the qualities I want and we flirted a bunch until I told her that I am a junior in high school but found out she is a senior in high school. I could tell she was interested in me before but after that we didnt talk for the rest of the day. Is this an issue? Are women turned off by younger guys even though it has nothing to do with their looks or maturity? What should I do?
    Thanks

• it sounds like you two are the same age...basically. Just a highschool thing, u will be out soon and it wont be like that anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by stephreneeowens View Post
      it sounds like you two are the same age...basically. Just a highschool thing, u will be out soon and it wont be like that anymore
      That's true. A one-year age difference in high school is considered such a big deal, especially if the girl is older than the guy. But you'll see after you graduate that lots of men date women that are older. It's not a problem unless you choose to make it one.

Comment

I dont care about the age difference at all I'm asking if women care about that much of a difference in age, girls traditionally go for older guys.

Comment

• As someone not too separated from high school ...
          Do you know if she's over 18? It's a very real issue. Anyhow, your life changes SO much after high school, senior year is NOT the time for a relationship. I guarantee it's nothing against you.
          Younger guys (on the stipulation that they ARE over 18, which for me is only a 1-year difference) are just as attractive to me as anyone, so long as they aren't infantile or there isn't a big difference in maturity.
          <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• She just turned 17 I am about to turn 16, I'm really mature for my age at first she thought I was a senior too until I told her.

Comment

• For the record: I wouldn't date a younger guy. I've tried before and they're horrible. So inconsiderate, they are.

I've talked to a lot of girls my age and asked some older female relatives and some teachers of mine about dating younger guys. Many of them say they've never tried it because it just wasn't their thing. Some, but not a lot, have tried and said that it had to be the worst time of their lives. Men mature slower than women and dating a younger guy puts most women at risk of having to baby them.
              I, for one, like older guys because they give a sense of experience and protection.

Also, don't say you're mature. It leads people to believe that you're not.

Comment

• If you threw me in college right now as a freshman I would do pretty good, grades and socially, actually I am in a college summer school right now where everyone is 3-5 years older than me and I'm fitting right in. My maturity isn't an issue here its dating a younger guy thats why I'm posting on a womens message board. The girl I'm talking about was totally into me before I told her I was younger than her so its not like I started acting all childish.

Comment

• You're bragging doesn't make you sound anymore desireable. Anyone can do what you do.

Some people just have to accept the fact that they won't be loved and appreciated by everyone.

Comment

• this is the thing..yes "traditionally" girls date older guys. It is because girls mature faster most of the time. I am 25 I am with a 34 year old man. Only becasue all, or most , of the guys that are my age or younger are too immature and dont know what they want out of life or are conused. Im not saying everyone, but mostly

Comment

• stephreneowns thanks thats exactly the kind of advice I wanted to hear, Ravsoma lets just cut everything out except the dating a younger guy thing, it doesn't matter if the person is mature or not, if a guy was perfect in every way (I'm not saying I am though) but you found out he was a few years younger than you would you be ok with it.

"Some people just have to accept the fact that they won't be loved and appreciated by everyone."

I don't get why you said this, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand and makes you sound like a very bitter person. If you don't have anything to say that will help the discussion don't say it. I will give an example:

Some people need to lose weight when their avatar picture on a forum looks fat even though it only shows half their face.

That kind of comment is very rude and shouldn't be posted on an advice forum.
                      Last edited by A Normal Guy; 08-06-2007, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Normal Guy View Post
                        stephreneowns thanks thats exactly the kind of advice I wanted to hear, Ravsoma lets just cut everything out except the dating a younger guy thing, it doesn't matter if the person is mature or not, if a guy was perfect in every way (I'm not saying I am though) but you found out he was a few years younger than you would you be ok with it.

"Some people just have to accept the fact that they won't be loved and appreciated by everyone."

I don't get why you said this, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand and makes you sound like a very bitter person.
                        It has everything to do with the topic. You feel rejected because you felt as though you were good for this girl. She was fine with you until you told her your age and now you're questioning if your age is a factor in whether or not you'll have a decent relationship.

Every woman has a different taste than the other. Just because one doesn't like you doens't mean the next one won't either. This girl used to like you and thought you were a nice person until you told her your age. Accept it and move on. Not everyone has to like you because you're "mature" and get along with them for the time being.

And an answer to your question: I would not date him if he was younger than me. Period.

Said with all the love in my bitter heart.

Comment

Some people need to lose weight when their avatar picture on a forum looks fat even though it only shows half their face.
                          If it shouldn't be posted why post it at all. I didn't come here for you to judge my profile picture and I don't give a ******** what you think about me. My comment was a general statement and you just made a personal attack on me.

Learn some manners.
                          Last edited by Ravsoma; 08-06-2007, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravsoma View Post
                            It has everything to do with the topic. You feel rejected because you felt as though you were good for this girl. She was fine with you until you told her your age and now you're questioning if your age is a factor in whether or not you'll have a decent relationship.

Every woman has a different taste than the other. Just because one doesn't like you doens't mean the next one won't either. This girl used to like you and thought you were a nice person until you told her your age. Accept it and move on. Not everyone has to like you because you're "mature" and get along with them for the time being.

And an answer to your question: I would not date him if he was younger than me. Period.

Said with all the love in my bitter heart.
                            She didn't reject me yet the reason I made this thread was so that I could get some insight into whether women were automatically turned off by a younger guy. Judging from the responses I won't go for it and have learned something.

" And an answer to your question: I would not date him if he was younger than me. Period." this is all you had to say.

Comment

She didn't reject me yet the reason I made this thread was so that I could get some insight into whether women were automatically turned off by a younger guy. Judging from the responses I won't go for it and have learned something.

" And an answer to your question: I would not date him if he was younger than me. Period." this is all you had to say.
                              Excuse me for elaborating for you. Next time I'll keep my sentences short and to the point. Don't wanna put you into overload.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X