Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideal Height.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideal Height.

I was wondering about this.

So ladies. What is your ideal height in a guy?

Or more to the point. Do you perfer short guys or tall guys?

I have no idea what the average height is. But in the eyes of most, you are either short or you are tall.

So what is it?

• I'd prefer a guy taller but for some reason I always end up with guys my height or shorter - I'm 5'8".

My ex-husband was two inches shorter than I am. He would hate it when I'd wear heals. My boyfriend now is a tad shorter but not enough to be of any real notice.
    There is a method to my madness ........ I just haven't found it yet.

Comment

• I'd prefer a guy taller but for some reason I always end up with guys my height or shorter - I'm 5'8".

My ex-husband was two inches shorter than I am. He would hate it when I'd wear heals. My boyfriend now is a tad shorter but not enough to be of any real notice.
      Tho you may have a preference. You don't discriminate against shorter guys.

I myself have no problem with a woman who is tall. It's just as good as a chick who is short.

I don't really see why a guy would have a problem with a woman being taller than him.

The only reason why it would be a problem is if she was just bigger than him overall plus height.

Comment

• As a guy, I think girls like to lean their head back to kiss their guy, and be able to put their head on his chest. Tall women seem to look for even taller men, not that many tall women will want a shorter boyfriend.

Personally, I dont think I'd want a taller partner, sexist as it might be I want my woman smaller than me, and I want her to be in respect of me as a physical presence - that's really pathetic isn't it? I know I can't rationalise it, it's just the way I feel. But at least, in my defence, I think that women generally want to feel a little insignificant next to their man, it's just a genetics thing.

But then, I'm 5'11 so I'm alright...

All of that said, it's only a preference, like men might like a certain breast size, women a certain penis size etc. in the end concessions are made on both sides, its just the nature of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymouswhitefemale View Post
          Personally, I dont think I'd want a taller partner, sexist as it might be I want my woman smaller than me, and I want her to be in respect of me as a physical presence - that's really pathetic isn't it? I know I can't rationalise it, it's just the way I feel. But at least, in my defence, I think that women generally want to feel a little insignificant next to their man, it's just a genetics thing.
          Makes sense. I have to admit that I think I'd have more of a "safer/more secure" feeling if my guy was taller. Most of us women won't admit to it but I feel that it is programmed within us to feel that our men can protect us if need be.

Funny .... my boyfriend was upset when I pointed out to him that his hair was slightly thinning on top .... he said no one had ever pointed that out to him. I told him it was because he'd never dated anyone tall enough to see it.
          There is a method to my madness ........ I just haven't found it yet.

Comment

• I don't want to feel like a giant next to my man. I want to feel small and feminine.
            But like Fallen, I'm 5'8", and there isn't a large selection of men significantly taller than I am.
            But ... there also isn't a large selection of cute low-heeled shoes. And your shoes will never break up with you. So I side with my 4" heels and take men no shorter than 5'7".
            My ex-fiancé was my height and I was coming to terms with low-heeled shoes for the rest of my life ... it was not a pretty thought. It wasn't the reason we broke up of course, but I definitely went out and bought new high heels after the breakup happened.
            My boyfriend right now is 6'2" and I think that's the tallest I'd like a guy. I used to talk to a guy who was 6'8" and just proportioned strangely. I want to feel feminine, not childlike.
            <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• I'm 5'8", and there isn't a large selection of men significantly taller than I am.
              And I am not one of them. lol.

I think 6'8 is huge. That a long term neck problem waiting to happen.

Comment

• I prefer someone who is a taller than me, even by just a little bit. However, I find myself extremely attracted to tall, lean guys. Not lanky, just lean.

Comment

• 6'8" is huge. But he wasn't like beanpole tall, he was like alien race of beings who are stockier and are proportioned the same as 5'8" tall humans but bigger everywhere. (Well, everywhere that I saw considering I never actually dated him)
                  <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Originally posted by Little View Post
                    6'8" is huge. But he wasn't like beanpole tall, he was like alien race of beings who are stockier and are proportioned the same as 5'8" tall humans but bigger everywhere. (Well, everywhere that I saw considering I never actually dated him)

That sounds like a huge guy.

He must have been about 280 or so. lol.

I wouldn't want him falling on me.

I myself don't think I could date a chick that was 6'8. lol My back and neck get sore easily.

That and that would be a whole lotta woman.

Comment

• I am 6'6" and lean. I lie when women ask and say 6'4" or 5". I am sure I am too tall for a lot of women but for the most part since my body is all proportional I think it is OK.

Comment

• I highly doubt many woman ar gonna freak out when you say you are that tall.

Comment

• Lot's of 5' 8's around i feel....

I'm 5'7 and 1/2 but i say 5'8 it's easier.

Loooove high heels... and being taller..

My ex-husband was "supposidly" 5'10 (cough), seeing as we were the same height back to back no shoes on

There is a stigma to me, either same height, tad shorter, cute, taller (scary) but nice.

Irrespective, either way, it's never bothered me but i still wore the high heels

Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman :- Never ever seemed to bother the guy, only a few inches taller........

CW
                          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
                            Lot's of 5' 8's around i feel....

I'm 5'7 and 1/2 but i say 5'8 it's easier.

Loooove high heels... and being taller..

My ex-husband was "supposidly" 5'10 (cough), seeing as we were the same height back to back no shoes on

There is a stigma to me, either same height, tad shorter, cute, taller (scary) but nice.

Irrespective, either way, it's never bothered me but i still wore the high heels

Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman :- Never ever seemed to bother the guy, only a few inches taller........

CW
                            You have about a half an inch on me. I'm 5'7.

It is good to see women who do like the shorties. -_-

That and I think a woman in heels is hawt. Open toes.....nice

Tho I am short. I don't have one of those Napoleon complexes.

Tho adding a couple of inches would be a good thing.

Comment

• another 5' 8" here.
                              My ex hub was 5'8" as well. Never got into wearing heals.
                              Last long term relationship he was 5'10" and built like a brick sh****house. Stocky. Kinda of different since ex hub was lean. My current partner is 6'2" and lean but not scrawny. Height really isnt an issue for me, really no preference but I do kinda like having to stand up a bit taller to get a kiss or a hug. Weights not much of an issue either except I find that I don't really care for scrawny. Lean is one thing but...

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                              X