Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dating someone younger than you

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating someone younger than you

Well being single again, I know that most guys (tell me different) are still boys with their toys...

Motorbikes
    Sports
    Mates
    Beer days

etc, etc, so age can be a case that guys will always be a tad younger in mind than body/age. Apparently 4 years younger?

However, I have way met guys that are so intelligent and knowing that are younger by a fair bit which is fascinating really.. And, great to see, admire.

But, how much younger than you, would you consider dating?

Or does it boil down to what it is you actually want to achieve, out of hte situation...

Fling verses serious for instance.

CW

PS: Beeeachhh asked me to make new threads so she had something to do, she knows who she is haha.
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

• Originally posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
    But, how much younger than you, would you consider dating?

Or does it boil down to what it is you actually want to achieve, out of the situation...

Fling verses serious for instance.

CW

It depends on what youre looking for i think. Since the mother is on my back at the moment, im inspired to look for the older man... but thats not to say that i do.

Brave statement coming up: - from past experiences, the older man is a better lover (im talking about 10-20 years my senior) However, im open minded and willing to be proved wrong

Comment

• I have an ex who is 9 years younger, it was awful, but that was probably as much due to his being from another (very alien) culture. Currently seeing a man 6 yrs younger and he is great. Of course we are both middle aged.

Have a freind that was in a relationship with someone 14 yrs older and that might have been OK had he been in better health or if both were younger But she was pretty active and a round of golf was his upper limit. I was married to someone my age and that was a disaster. It really comes down to who the two of you are, are you on the same page sexually and what your expectations are and those could all be said of a relationship regardless of age.

I wouldn't look at a long term relationship with someone a lot younger who didn't have kids. If they got bit by the baby bug it would be over. Men of any age will have their toys, those that don't are usually so anally restrictive you wouldn't want them.

Comment

• I think its more of a problem when your younger. I can't imagine getting serious about someone much younger then me when I was 18 to 27 or 28. Now as I start to get older? As DH says its being "willing and able" that are more important then what year you graduated.
        "Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." ~ Janis Joplin

Comment

• I really don't think age in general matters, what does matter is your compatibility with each other. I've had relationships and sexual encounters with younger men (up to 12 years younger) and older men (up to 17 years older) and have found during this 'research' that although sex might last longer with a younger man, the quality may not be as good due to a lack of experience and maturity. Regarding intelligent meaningful conversation, I wouldn't generally expect to experience much of that from someone much younger but every now and then you get a nice surprise and discover that some young men actually have brains in their heads as well as in their pants

Comment

• Its not what you want.

Its what you respond too.

"Attraction is not a choice" -David DeAngelo

I lol at the thought that young man dont know what there doing.

Live laugh love
            Nice guys don't finish last, weak guys finish last.

Comment

• doing the math now ...

Originally posted by miffed23 View Post

im inspired to look for the older man... but thats not to say that i do.

Brave statement coming up: - from past experiences, the older man is a better lover (im talking about 10-20 years my senior) However, im open minded and willing to be proved wrong
              46-10 = 36

46-20 = 26

so are you between 26 & 36, or could you pretend to be???

Comment

• Originally posted by N01 View Post
                46-10 = 36

46-20 = 26

so are you between 26 & 36, or could you pretend to be???
                Hahaha, shall we just say that im 36?

In all honesty, i actually didnt do my own math very well... i shouldve said 15 - 25 years my senior...

Originally posted by phoebee
                I think its more of a problem when your younger. I can't imagine getting serious about someone much younger then me when I was 18 to 27 or 28.
                This is true...in general terms a man my own age or younger isnt mature enough for me - there are obviously exceptions. Not meaning to brag - but because ive had a fair few tragic experiences throughout my short years - ive had to grow up at an accelerated pace... so mentally i believe that im older than my years would suggest.

This is why i will personally look towards the older man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Livelaughlove View Post
                  Its not what you want.

Its what you respond too.

"Attraction is not a choice" -David DeAngelo

I lol at the thought that young man dont know what there doing.

Live laugh love
                  Now, no better words said, well I have sometimes, only joking but that is very true.. BUT that can purely be on the "lust" phase, of sexual intimacy but it can also be deeper:-

MIND/BODY/SOUL -

Is it not the attraction to all three that make it " definately not a choice" where age is concerned, if they are younger... and so you respond...

As for a young man not knowing what he is doing... I actually feel it's the older man that does not... He searches late in life to find, just as much as a younger man searches from the beggining of his sexuality to find..

The difference is in my opinion, the younger man, is more open to obtain more knowledge of anything he does not know, and more eager to prove, please, he is also more confident because he needs to be, than an older man whom just seeks to add more into to his sexual life because it has been bought up... He has already been doing things his way for a long time, for instance until asked to try new adventures that perhaps he never even contemplated.

Just my opinion.

CW
                  PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                  X