Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do men have mood swings?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do men have mood swings?

Hi. I'm just wondering if men have pms like symptoms. Long story short my bf told me he was coming to visit me (we live 2 hrs apart) if he was feeling okay. Earlier today he texts me "I brought you some smell good" (talking about perfume or lotion). I asked him I he was on his way to see me bcuz he said brought not bought. He said "I spent money on you." "Oh okay you meant bought not brought." I told him what the difference between the two is and told him I love him. Then he got all upset with me for not texting back a thank you (for a gift I haven't received yet?) I told him I would've said thank you in person or when I received it and apologized for not saying thank you. So he texts that it's too late because he had to tell me to say thank you and that he doesn't feel good and he's going to bed. I tried to call him a few times and he didn't answer so I left a voicemail. A few days ago he did say he hadn't been feeling well but he wasn't being a jerk until today so I'm wondering if men can pms ish..,

• We have emotions and moods that can fluctuate because we're human. I'd highly recommend not attributing them to PMS to him. It's likely he feels more strongly about it than most women would.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• I know it's not exactly pms,
      But he sure did flip his mood as if it was.

Comment

• What Stillness said. Both men and women can be and are sometimes moody. The only difference is that women also have a physiological reason for it as well - PMS. The reasons for everything non-PMS-related could vary wildly but could happen to anybody. Men aren't immune.
        [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• Men kind of manifest things unfairly in arguments with their partners, because they are easy targets :/ I know I'm guilty of this in the past...but most likely his response had more to do with something else than it had to do with that.

Try to talk to him in person, instead of through digital communication, look him in the eyes and tell him how much you appreciate him. He will probably apologize for acting that way, and/or tell you what was really on his mind.

Be patient with us!

Comment

• Everyone has mood swings, and it may well be partially hormones in men as well as women, but I don't know of any particular pattern in men. For both men and women there is no point (and it can be insulting) to claim that mood swing are specifically due to hormones. They can be due to all sorts of things.

Comment

• We eventually got over this. He gave it to me. / However we got engaged on April 4th and just a few days ago he told me he's been doing weed more than i thought (he told me once in a blue moon, but now the truth ish came out- once a month). Due to my career field being criminal justice I can't associate with anyone doing drugs. So unless he changes soon we won't be together. If you really want to read about it I've posted asking for advice in another thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by horsyluvr View Post
                Hi. I'm just wondering if men have pms like symptoms. Long story short my bf told me he was coming to visit me (we live 2 hrs apart) if he was feeling okay. Earlier today he texts me "I brought you some smell good" (talking about perfume or lotion). I asked him I he was on his way to see me bcuz he said brought not bought. He said "I spent money on you." "Oh okay you meant bought not brought." I told him what the difference between the two is and told him I love him. Then he got all upset with me for not texting back a thank you (for a gift I haven't received yet?) I told him I would've said thank you in person or when I received it and apologized for not saying thank you. So he texts that it's too late because he had to tell me to say thank you and that he doesn't feel good and he's going to bed. I tried to call him a few times and he didn't answer so I left a voicemail. A few days ago he did say he hadn't been feeling well but he wasn't being a jerk until today so I'm wondering if men can pms ish..,
                I think men have there moments but nothing like what women go through with PMS. We may have depress issue with maybe not getting a full erection or have worries that we can't perform but I think that's about it.
                When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• I am sure that men do have mood swings....though they would never admit it!

Princess x

Comment

• Men don't show their emotions in the same way a women does,, but of course they have mood swings...

Comment

• Yea we have mood swings. I've had them with my girlfriend. But she's learned how to manipulate me to get me out of them real fast. When I have a mood swing, she just disregards me becoming heated over nothing and gets all sweet and affectionate with me. The bad mood swings back into the good mood almost right away. What she does it its sort of a turn on but it also has the effect of making me feel really low about having the stupid mood swing.
                      [B]"Are you serious? You're [i]bleeping[/I] THAT girl?"[/B][B] - [COLOR="#B22222"]jen1447[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

• My husband is usually very caring and loving, but whenever I have my PMS including the mood swings, his mood automatically gets bad (even though I havent told him yet) :P

Comment

• Yes! Men have mood swings. They are less irritating than women, though, when they their "good mood gone bad."
                          "I make sure I do my best, because it is always worth it, no matter what you want to achieve in life."
                          ANDREIA BRAZIER

Comment

• My boyfriend has them regularly. I had him get upset with me once because I arrived to pick him up from work at 9:03 instead of the agreed 9:00. I agree with what has said before, that they get upset with you because you are an easy target and because they can get away with it most of the time because you love them. My boyfriend gets upset with me regularly because he knows I wont fight back. He also does it with his family for the same reason, he can get away with it. He feels really guilty later because he gets upset over stupid things, but it does happen. As mentioned earlier also, learn how you can change his mood and stick with that.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• What are your "red flags"?

After posting in response to another topic, and sharing my (recently changed) point of view on the concepts of red flags, I thought this may be a fun...

03-06-2021, 10:16 AM By atskitty2
                            • Calling All Squirters!

Hey, folks!

I know there's a thread or two about the topic of squirting but I wanted to create a newer thread on the subject. I'm writing...

03-04-2021, 04:20 PM By Vanessa R.
                            • Mechanical Problem With Vaginal Rear Entry

My wife and I have been married for 35 years, have good orgasmic sex a couple of times a week. Absolutely no complaints!

I'd like to have...

03-01-2021, 03:04 AM By Kahala
                            • Would You Date (Or Have You Dated) a Disabled Person?

So, I'm someone who's pretty much an open book when it comes to having chronic illnesses/being disabled, since it impacts so much of my life. I try to...

02-26-2021, 10:33 AM By Emily D.
                            • Urine Kink?

OK, I (straight woman) am a little shy about sharing this because I know it will put some people off, but I still hope those people will hear me out....

02-13-2021, 10:01 AM By FeelingWeird
                            Working...
                            X