Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you watch TV with your partner?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you watch TV with your partner?

How much TV do you watch together versus alone?
    We like all the same shows so we watch them together.
    0.00%
    We don't like any of each other's shows and we watch TV separately.
    16.67%
    We watch the stuff we both like together and our own shows separately.
    66.67%
    Even though there are many show we don't both care for, we always watch TV together.
    16.67%
    He/she watches some of my shows with me even though I know he/she doesn't like them.
    0.00%
    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

• BF and I aren't huge TV people to begin with, but most of what we watch we watch together. (We watch TV to hang out sometimes for example, we don't hang out to watch TV really.) We're moreso weekend movie peeps. When I'm alone I'm more likely to read a book or be on the interweb.
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• Before we had internet, we'd watch all the same things out of utility. But since we've had it and can watch shows on our own time, we often watch alone. Especially me with my soaps and him with his scifi shows.

Game of Thrones and Walking Dead, however, are strictly "together" shows. And if we start watching something together that's older or complete (the Tudors right now) on a video service, we'll only watch it together.

We're watching a lot of TV now that there is a lot of nearly-free TV available to us 3 years without proper internet was too long.
      <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• We use our computer to watch videos or netflix typically at night while we have dinner together or before bed. We find stuff that we both like, or at least tolerate. My wife likes cornier stuff than I do, so she'll watch that stuff alone, like when she's in the bathroom doing her hair. Then I'll watch the stuff I really like too - stuff that may be too violent or scary for her...or cartoons, which she doesn't care for.
        "Those sowing seed with tears
        Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Sometimes we watch TV together, sometimes we watch separately. We watch(ed) shows like Game of Thrones, The Apprentice, Masterchef, The Sopranos, Historical documentaries that look interesting, Question Time, The News etc

When we watch separately. He watches stuff like Dexter, Spartacus, Homeland, NCIS, NCIS LA etc, while I watch (pls don't judge me lol) Vampire Diaries, Wizards of Waverly Place (like I said), Scandal, The Good Wife, Girls, PLL etc.

My husband also watches a lot of Football (soccer) he supports Man United. He thinks I am a good luck charm that If I watch with him when MUFC are playing. Well didn't work out too well last season lol.
          It's all fun and games until you mess with a Portuguese girl.

-

Comment

• I never watch TV alone. GF got me into it though. Shows we love watching together are:

Game of Thrones (overrated IMO but still fun)
            The Blacklist
            Hannibal
            Vikings (OMFG Wicked show!! Everyone needs to watch this!!)
            So You Think You Can Dance

Hannibal is also a great show and it totally screws with your mind. I personally prefer movies. We saw Lucy together and we both loved the movie a lot! I think if you believe in a lot of the stuff the movie touches on, it makes it much more enjoyable.
            [B]"Are you serious? You're [i]bleeping[/I] THAT girl?"[/B][B] - [COLOR="#B22222"]jen1447[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

• We don't watch a lot of tv, but we are polar opposites on preferences. Hubs likes the history channel, the military channel, pawn stars, whereas, I like Blacklist and Chicago Fire…what's not to like about hot firefighters and gorgeous paramedics? The DVR is set to record the series because if I'm otherwise engaged, I'll still get to see them

Comment

• Originally posted by Euphoric View Post
                We don't watch a lot of tv, but we are polar opposites on preferences. Hubs likes the history channel, the military channel, pawn stars, whereas, I like Blacklist and Chicago Fire…what's not to like about hot firefighters and gorgeous paramedics? The DVR is set to record the series because if I'm otherwise engaged, I'll still get to see them
                So Euphoric, will you husband sometimes sit with you to watch your show, even if he doesn't care of it and vice versa?
                Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• Yes, we will. Matter of fact, he will comment on "Chicago Fire". He knows the characters to a degree so he'll say it's Kelly and Casey night with a cute smirk. No need for me to say Matt and Kelly - first name, last name, I don't care. My general response is Dawson and Shay are pretty hot too. Now that I think about it, although it's a running tease, he admits the show is interesting. And yes, I'll watch something that doesn't necessarily interest me, more along the lines of the history channel. Neither of us are big on reality tv, but we both watch American Ninja. Eye candy!!

Comment

• I try to watch her shows. There are some we share together and I love to snuggle with her on the couch, but I draw the line at the Lifetime Network movies. I can't be in the same room. Thank goodness I can watch what I want on my iPad.
                    "The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." Despair.com "Dysfunction"

Comment

• My husband will watch stuff with me that he doesn't really care for (and vice versa.) It's not really fair to ask him to remember what's going on in General Hospital considering he's not spent hours googling the decades of history ... but I'm familiar with the storyline of his shows.

It really depends on if it's airing live over the air. It's always worth it to watch a show live.
                      <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Originally posted by effy2014 View Post
                        I try to watch her shows. There are some we share together and I love to snuggle with her on the couch, but I draw the line at the Lifetime Network movies. I can't be in the same room. Thank goodness I can watch what I want on my iPad.
                        I used to watch lifetime movies when I was in middle school and elementary school LMAO!

I love watching TV with the GF. Sometimes I'll put my head between her legs (with me on my back) and she will scratch my head during the show (I turn into putty when she does this). I sometimes joke with her and say that it's like she scratching a hairy bikini area (using different words lol) since from her perspective she just sees my hair when she scratches my head.

It's funny because my GF chipped a nail a couple days ago and she texted me a picture of it. My response was "noooooooo!" Chipped nail means she has to cut her nails
                        [B]"Are you serious? You're [i]bleeping[/I] THAT girl?"[/B][B] - [COLOR="#B22222"]jen1447[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

• Your head between her legs is cute ....BF does that too.
                          [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by jen1447 View Post
                            Your head between her legs is cute ....BF does that too.
                            My SO says she has difficulty concentrating on the TV when my head is between her legs . . . go figure.

Little, I used to watch General Hospital all through college . . . The Luke and Laura era. I was a Resident Fellow at my University on an all male floor and the entire floor would gather in the TV room to watch.
                            "The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you." Despair.com "Dysfunction"

Comment

• Luke is still on regular contract (though he's out for back surgery right now) and Laura reappears at regular intervals Lots of character reappearances from that era right now - especially unfrozen Cassadines! It's great; tune in.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• How many sex toys is too many?

My husband went into my nightstand drawer to find a book light, and this is what I hear.
                                "Jeez, how many of these things do you have?!?"...

01-21-2021, 06:39 PM By Wednesday L.F.
                              • Birth Control & Infertility

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:03 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

01-16-2021, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
                              • Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Hi guys , this is my first post here I’m hoping someone can give me some insight or maybe you have been through something similar an can share ! I’m...

01-08-2021, 04:05 AM By Nikkie92
                              Working...
                              X