Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took my pill about 7 hrs late and had unprotected sex

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took my pill about 7 hrs late and had unprotected sex

I usually take my pill around 6-10pm, but last night I took my third pill of my pack at around 3-4am. I had unprotected sex around 12-1am. I don't think he came inside but I know you can still get pregnant with Precum. Should I take plan b? I've been taking birth control for awhile, so this isn't my first pack
    Thanks guys

• As long as you took it when you remembered and continue to take the rest of the pills around the same usual time you do you will be fine. It is okay to miss or forget a pill as long as it does not become a habit. Plan B is not really necessary unless you have an intense fear, however taking the Plan B pill will completely mess up your periods and hormonal cycles. It is not something to just take just because, it is an emergency contraceptive not intended for frequent use.

Also, there is about a 3 hour window you can take the pill everyday incase life gets in the way of not being able to take it at a specific time each day. As long as there is a good steady routine with taking it things are fine.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• When my boyfriend first started sleeping over, there were a few nights that I forgot to take my pill because of the different routine, and we would usually make love those nights as well. Unlike your situation he came inside me (at least I assume he did because that's what we always do). I just took it the following morning when I realized. I got my period on schedule, as usual, though I'm more careful about it nowadays.

Comment

• I'm so glad I read your thread. The same exact thing happened to me. 7 hours late. Well, except I know my husband came inside me. :P But I'm glad I read this. I think I'll leave my thread up, just for information gathering, though. Good luck, hun! Fingers crossed. Cross yours for me, too!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X