Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been on depo for a year and a half- suddenly bleeding this morning!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Been on depo for a year and a half- suddenly bleeding this morning!

I have been on the depo shot for a year and a half. Ive never had problems but this month I have had severe cramping, and this morning woke up to some blood in the toilet. Bright red blood, not like period blood. Should I be concerned? My next shot isn't for another month and a half!!

• All four of my daughter are on the depo shots, I never heard them ever talking about having this issue. I would for sure go see your obgyn doctor as this does not sound right. I wish you the best and hope it's really nothing.
    When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• I've had practically the same thing happen to me a couple of times. It sounds completely normal, according to my doctor. Ladies on the depo needle can get break through bleeding at any time, regardless of whether they've had it previously or not. I went almost 4 years without any bleeding when I was on it, and then just started randomly one day. The cramping pain unfortunately, often accompanies the bleeding.

If you are super worried about it, or continue bleeding for longer than 7 days, then I would for sure see a doctor. Otherwise though, I wouldn't stress over it.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X