Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At home laser hair removal. Is it worth it?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At home laser hair removal. Is it worth it?

Hey everyone! I used to always just get professional treatments on my legs, but I've taken a hit in my hours at work and can't really afford tehse anymore, as they are just too expensive. So, I've just been trying to find somethign long term that works! My girlfriend is an esthetician so I asked her if she reccommended any products and she mentioned this new thing called silk'n. My friend has it and did a try on me and it wasnt painfull at all . If it does the trick it might be just worth it to get it, as I live in California and I'm always wearing skirts. It seems incredible from everyone I've spoken to about it and all the reviews I read. I considered buying it from silkn.com, but I'm still not sure. I want to do more research and make sure before I pay $800. Has anyone had any experience with Silk'n or have any recommendation? Or any other devices you recommend?

• I have never heard of silk'n but $800?!
    sorry i don't have an answer for you but i have a similar question.
    i saw an infomercial about a product called No!No! (no hair no pain)
    it's an at-home long-term hair remover. "Thermicon uses the scientific principles of thermal transferance to conduct a gentle pulse of heat to the hair." apparently it crystallizes the hair then disrupts the cell communication responsible for stimulating new growth. then you use a buffer to remove crystallized hair.
    the only down side i see is they bill you $30 every 60 days for a new two month supply. but the nono is only about $200.
    unfortunately i've never tried it
    does anybody else have any idea about these "miracle" products???
    Last edited by Little; 02-22-2009, 06:17 AM. Reason: outbound linking

Comment

• Originally posted by Nesmani View Post
      :
      does anybody else have any idea about these "miracle" products???
      I generally go by the rule... if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with either products mentioned but I would also be interested in hearing what someone who actually tried one has to say. Think how much money we might be able to save in the long run.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
      • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
      Working...
      X