Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need your help...please.. please

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your help...please.. please

Since December I had vaginal itching that started right after my period. I went to the doctor and she prescribed me Diflucan I took it but no change except it started to burn one day itch the next. I then went back and she told me to use Canestan cream I tried and it really burnt the out of my vagina, I was in pain of a whole week and other symptoms where still there.

I was tested for everything under the sun and everything came back negative. Last week I decided to wear a pair of jeans for our jean day and that was was the worst choice ever because it irritated one side of my vagina so much I got this red dot kinda rash on it. So I decided to try and put some diaper cream on it, but that mad it worse I think. I went back to the doctor this week and she prescribed me a antifungal and cortizone cream together to try, which I have and its not doing a thing but make me more irritated I think. I really don't have an itch but rather just soreness..like as if my skin was burnt.

I have been taking acidopholas (SP)?
    wearing cotton underwear
    nothing too tight (expect those jeans that day)
    Cranberry juice
    Not wearing tampons
    changed to different pad brand
    baby detergent
    mild body soap

but nothing seems to work

I have all types of discharge from clear and gel like to milky white and yellow.
    Has anybody ever gone through this and found a solution or cure?
    this is driving me crazy...please help if you can. Thanks in advance.

• It does sound like a reaction to something. But have you been tested for STIs? Just to be sure?
    How about your laundry soap? Unscented, dye free? No deodorant products there? Are the pads you use just plain pads, no additives? Don't use any soaps between your legs.

Does benedryl help any?

What ingredients do the various creams and such you used and reacted to have? Look at not just the active but also the inactive ingredients. Any Parabens/ Methyl, Propal, Iso....about 10% of the population is paraben sensitive and the reactions can be nasty. I can't even use chap stick because of it.

Good luck tracking this down

Comment

• STI's? Do you mean STD or UTI's. I have been tested for STD's but not for UTI's as I don't have any abdominal pain or urinary problems.

Comment

• An STI is a sexually transmitted infection.

Comment

• hello hello

i think also you have to make sure you are only eating good foods like
          fruit and veges/nuts but not much fruit as of the sugar content even though a good sugar.

i would see a naturopath and change your diet to suit these symptoms

get your man checked out as well

could be thrush/red itchy maybe scaling

go hard core on good acidophilous and cranberry even fast if its really annoying you

drench your body in water to wash all away heha

good luck
          xo

Comment

• I assume that you have been tested for a yeast infection?? It sounds like a simple case of thrush and you can buy the cream over the counter. You seem to be doing everything else right but it can be passed back and forth from your partner. Sometimes the darn things can go on for months with itching which turns into soreness/redness etc.,
            sigpic

Comment

• I wish it was a simple yeast infection, but I have tried several yeast creams and diflucan and no help...My Doctor also said it doesn't look like a yeast infection....ugh.

Comment

• Lisa I think you should go for a second opinion this Doctor has run out of ideas or she hasnt hit on the right dx.

Comment

• I am SO sorry...I've been dealing with this exact issue for 14 months now.

I've been tested for all vaginal infections AND stds, everything has come back negative though. I've been treated for a million different things, and nothing works.

It's the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced.

I've been reading a lot about vaginal allergies lately...if that's the case with me it's because I wear pantyliners constantly. So maybe it's something like that? I don't know though, I just began to read about this tonight so I still have to see if making any changes in that respect makes any bit of difference.

I feel for you, though. Words can't describe how awful this is.

Comment

• Okay, you might want to try some of these natural remedies if the medicines are not working. I'm a firm believer in keeping things natural, so here goes. If they don't work at least you'll have a good laugh.
                    How to Soothe Vaginal Itching With Natural Remedies
                    Step1
                    A few external remedies include: Apple cider vinegar, watered down slightly, with a little crushed garlic mixed it, can be dabbed onto the vagina. If you experience too much stinging, simply rinse with clear water. (This remedy is my personal favorite, as apple cider vinegar is cheap and we use it regularly in cooking).
                    Step2
                    Wipe yogurt onto the area, or dip a tampon into yogurt and keep it in the vagina for about an hour.Tea tree oil: Coat a tampon with KY jelly, and add a drop or two of tea tree oil; insert into vagina.
                    Step3
                    Herbal douche: combine equal parts sage, raspberry leaf or comfrey, and mullien, with a quarter part goldenseal. Make a tea with 4 t. mixture to a quart of water. Remove herbs, let cool to at least body temperature, add 2 T apple cider vinegar and 1/4 c. yogurt. Douche every other day, or every day for more severe infections. Boric acid: Fill two 00-sized capsules, insert into vagina, and wait for capsules to dissolve. (This is a strong treatment, effective in treating severe and persistent cases).
                    Step4
                    Internal remedies includerink at least two glasses of buttermilk a day.Take olive leave extract. This is available in pill form from several online companies and at health food stores.Take slippery elm, known for healing body tissues that have mucous membranes.
                    Step5
                    Grapefruit seed extract can be mixed with or taken along with the olive leaf extract.Pure cranberry juice, two 8-oz. glasses per day. If you can't stand the tartness, then buy cranberry pills.
                    sigpic

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X