Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

:( HPV/Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :( HPV/Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

At 16, I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I was still a virgin at the time, but they checked my ovaries and my clitoris and all that, making sure it wasn't abnormal. Well, I had a major hair issue growing up and so they automatically started treating me for my hair growth. Soon after, when I was a month shy of 17(in the middle of Sept to be exact), I lost my virginity and they did further test and gave me another medication so I wouldn't lose my fertility. Well, they also put me on a birth control called yazmin. Well, everything was fine until the following Jan. my mother had me tested for HPV.

Well, they tested me and my pap came up abnormal and I found out I had the kind to cause Cervical Cancer. I had a mass of cells or something that they had to clip out of me by going in while doing a pap and freezing it and all that. (The procedure started with a C. A colposcapy or something.) Well. Ever since then, I've been having issues with my...area down there.

The first few months after that was fine. I still had the same sex partner and all that. Well. Around April, he and I broke up and I got with this guy. Around May, he and I had sex. A few weeks later, we had unprotected sex (he wanted to and I warned him what I had) and I got a MAJOR yeast infection. I went to the doctors and took that pill and everything was okay, so I thought. A week or so after I had sex with him again and it was almost everyday to every other day. But after wards (we did it in the dark alot) I would clean up and see a discharge that kinda looked like a yeast infection. Well, I've had it ever since and I'm not 19. Everytime I go to a Gynocologist, I get the same thing, "It's a yeast infection." and they give me the pill and it doesn't take care of it. Some even said I'm too young to have sex and that it's my bodies way of letting me know.

...So I guess what I'm asking is if it's normal in other people who have HPV or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or people who have HPV? Or is it a contiuous yeast infection, or my diet or SOMETHING?

I would appreciate some help...it's really causing a self esteem issue...and it's driving me crazy.

• Hope this helps

I'm not really familiar with your diagnoses, in fact I just heard about it today. I do know that when a female has a yeast infection she can spread it to her partner. So it does not matter if you continue to be treated for yeast infections, as long as you continue to have sex with him you will contract a yest infection. So the next time you go to the doctor your partner should be treated for a yeast infection as well.

Comment

• I can also agree, to cut down on a yeast infection and also a UTI you need to cool it for a week or so. I know its hard but it will help a lot. As for PCOS I have suspicion that I have it, so does my doctor, and I am a little sad about that fact because my future hubby and I wanted to have children but with the way things are it makes it a lot more difficult to have that happen. I wish you luck and as for the doctors saying that its your body telling you that you are too young for sex thats just them being really conservative. I would say find a good doctor that you get along with well and hopefully matches up with your interests. lots of luck.
      Before you criticise someone walk a mile in their shoes and then that way if they get angry they will be a mile away and barefoot

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Sore on clitoral hood

Hi, im pregnant and for the last week my vulva has been extremely sore especially in the clit area. i have been keeping an eye on it and it seems like...

08-11-2022, 10:38 AM By annom1307
      • Do you fantasize about being with someone of a different race?

I am a black woman and live in South Africa. Because of the history of racial segregation it is very very rare to see a mixed couple. So much so that...

08-11-2022, 05:32 AM By G-Wagon
      • Need advice about not feeling sensation or pleasure

I'm a 39 Male and my fiancé is 40. when we have sex I barely feel any sensation or pleasure. She is also on birth control the patch. We don't use condoms...

08-09-2022, 11:13 AM By netzone23
      • Why cant i see or Feel my clitoris anymore?

Two weeks ago I woke up to a clitoris thay literally felt numb and it felt like it was gone. I touched the nub and there was no good sensation.

08-08-2022, 09:33 AM By Sofa
      • NFP classes

for those interested in NFP classes (natural family planning), there is a search site to help one find classes near where you live
        I put in my zipcode...

08-08-2022, 03:58 AM By amy40
      Working...
      X