Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really heavy period

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really heavy period

Hello, I'm 16 and my period started yesterday. My periods last for 7 days and are usually really heavy for the first couple days, heavy enough that I have the need to skip school for a day. It get's lighter around the 5th day.

But this time it's heavier than normal. Usually I'd be fine for an hour before I had to rush to the bathroom. Now even before an hour has passed I give off a large...discharge..? I guess? It seems like the blood flow won't stop at all. Tissue after tissue there's quite a bit of blood. I usually don't get painful cramps but for this one it's painful. Not like collapse painful more like a bunch of baby fist are punching my stomach..
    My previous period was the total opposite of this one, where it was very very light than normal; except it lasted more than 7 days..

Is this normal? Am I suppose to experience this once in my lifetime? Or should I go see a doctor?

I've always hated my period and always wanted to get rid of it, I wouldn't mind a hysterectomy since I've never planned to have a child since I've always wanted to adopt anyway.. but I'm afraid that hysterectomy's are too expensive for me..and I'm possibly too young. ~__~

• That's a bit steep there for only being 16 haha, alot changes as u get older. u should try the pill, it should do the trick for making your period a little more managable, they have a pill called seasonique where you only have 3 periods a year i think.

Comment

• I heard it's not all that safe to get just 3 periods a year? o.O;;
      My periods are irregular right now where I'd skip a month or two and go without a period and then start back up again.

I've asked my doctor once about birth control pills and she said they'd regulate my period to like 5 days. I like it when I don't have a period for 2 months or so..I'd hate to have a period every. single. month. So I pretty much passed on that idea thinking that the few months that I do get my period I'd just skip school on the heavy days.

If this change to a very heavy blood flow is permanent then I'd rather get rid of the whole idea of me having a period.
      Now I wouldn't mind if there was a way to get my period to be light and only last for 3 days without any risk.

Comment

• My personal opinion... Stay aware from anything that makes you only have 3-4 periods a year i.e. Depo, Seasonale, all generic forms, etc.

I've done it all thinking it was great. If I ever thought I was a mental basketcase, it would have been then. Trust me, when you go through the craziness of those BC options, having a monthly period on a regular pill is a blessing.

Granted some people have great success with that, but I've heard more negative things than not. We're meant to have monthly cycles in my opinion.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Sex with my daughters Boyfriend???

Long story short, this guy has been with my daughter for 10 years. They just bought a house and had a new-born. After retiring, I've been helping out...

06-15-2021, 09:35 PM By BlondeCougar
        • Normal to Like Significant Other Walking Around Nude in House with a Bush?

Is it normal to like your partner to walk around fully nude in the house with a bush? To enjoy looking at "big chest" and "big behind"?...

06-14-2021, 05:14 PM By lakeocean
        • Erotica

I love erotica! It’s such a fun way to get off. Stimulating the mind and body at the same time. If you like to read erotica too, I’d like to know...

06-09-2021, 12:14 PM By Zoë T.
        • Ever Tried Laser Hair Removal?

I’m interested in getting laser hair removal for my pubic hair and armpits. I’m worried about the pain aspect of laser hair removal - if you’ve...

06-09-2021, 11:40 AM By Zoë T.
        • Grower vs Shower

Does anybody have experience with a guy's penis changing significantly in length when getting hard?? Or not changing at all? I've only experienced a tiny...

06-03-2021, 04:40 PM By Julia W.
        Working...
        X