Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about tampons and alternatives

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about tampons and alternatives

I'm 25 years old and I hate tampons and pads. Tampons hurt me and when I wear pads I feel like I'm wearing a diaper. My periods are really heavy so if I use any kind of tampon less than super absorbency I leak. And no matter what size tampon I wear they hurt me. And if I wear any tampon less then super I have to wear a pad.
    I've had people suggest sponges or the diva cup, keeper cup, or the instead cups. But I'm not sure about them.
    If you have any input I'd appreciate it.

• Have you tried tampax? It is a tampon but comes with an inserter. That way the tampon is inserted properly and honestly i sometimes forget im wearing one.

Comment

• Try some different types, there is quite a range. Stay away from the ones treated with deodorants and such. You might try the organic ones as some of the others are treated with chemicals to cause cramping after a while. Supposedly to encourage changing it and avoiding TSS.

Comment

• still hurts

Yes, I've tried tampax and they are the same as the others. they still hurt. I've also tried other tampons and yet again they still hurt. It doesn't matter the brand or whether they come with an inserter they still hurt.
        I've also tried the organic ones. They still hurt. It has nothing to do with the cramping. They hurt when they are in.
        Does anyone have any suggestions? Again I've tried them all, different brands, ones with inserters, organic ones and they still hurt when they are in.
        Last edited by maymie; 01-28-2010, 11:37 PM.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• matebook 14

One easy way to transfer your apps - From Social Media, Banking apps to News Apps and many, many more - contacts, data, files and photos from your old...

Yesterday, 01:59 AM By cikoxob
        • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

I haven't read any documentation on inflammation related to birth control pills. The risk of blood clots is well documented especially among smokers or...

10-20-2021, 01:15 PM By atskitty2
        • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I can completely relate. I remember having sex facing an un-curtained hotel window (we were pretty high up near the top floor) overlooking the Detroit...

10-19-2021, 08:48 PM By Alison H.
        • Reply to A night away - best sex in a long time

I've found that hotel sex is some of the best sex I've ever had, and I think it's absolutely because I'm away from my normal routine and (especially)...

10-15-2021, 08:06 AM By Kayla Lords
        • Reply to does birth control cause inflammation?

The risk of blood clots with birth control definitely exists, and I've read the same (that the risks of getting one from birth control is higher than...

10-15-2021, 08:04 AM By Kayla Lords

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• matebook 14

One easy way to transfer your apps - From Social Media, Banking apps to News Apps and many, many more - contacts, data, files and photos from your old...

Yesterday, 01:59 AM By cikoxob
        • does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
          however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40
        • Finishing Inside: Are You a Fan?

Hey, guys!

I just wrote an article about finishing inside your partner and the reasons why people do it and enjoy it. But here's the cool...

10-05-2021, 11:01 AM By Vanessa R.
        • Estradiol level is at 610

Hi,

I'm 37 and have been struggling with irregular periods for a few years. I spent quite some time with either not getting my period to...

10-05-2021, 03:42 AM By Janney
        • A night away - best sex in a long time

We have 4 kids and my husband and I never, ever go away just the two of us. We spent a night just us up in Salem, Mass just the two of us. My husband...

10-03-2021, 03:12 PM By CapeCRunner
        Working...
        X