Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaginal tear keeps retearing. NEED HELP

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaginal Tear

Did you ever find a solution? I have recently had a vaginal tear (not pregnancy related as many of the ones I read about are) and would be interested to learn what you have found out, if anything. Thanks!

Comment

• Vaginal Tear: Additional Comments

When I first went to the doctor because I was having pain and bleeding during sex, they set me up with an appt with their nurse practitioner. She recommended astro glide and did a general exam (didn't really look, just kinda felt internally while standing) and said everything was fine from a physical standpoint and suggested that it was probably a combination of not enough lube and psychological reasons.

I knew that couldn't be right so I set another appointment and asked to see the doctor that time. When I went back (this was almost a month later), I saw the doctor. She said that I did in fact have a tear (which I had observed) and she used silver nitrate to cauterize it right there in the office. It hurt, but it was pretty quick. It was painful enough afterwards that I took IBuprofen for several days. She said that she couldn't be sure of the cause, but several things were probably involved. First, she could see that I had increased amount of yeast (due to that fact that I am using a hormonal birth control) and that the yeast had caused changes in the skin. That could have caused the skin to weaken and therefore tear. She suggested eating plain yogurt or drinking acidophilus milk (there are also acidophilus pills-- usually at health food stores) to help address the yeast. She also gave me a topical cream for it. She said that getting it to heal required reducing the amount of heat and moisture in that area. She said to reduce my sugar intake, be careful about wearing tight pants, be sure to change my underwear if it gets damp or something, that kind of thing.

I am now 4 days out from that appointment. The problem I am having at the moment is that I seemed to have accidentally knocked loose the "cover" created over the tear by the silver nitrate and it seems the tear is now exposed again. I've called the doctor and am waiting to hear back from a nurse as to what to do. If anyone reads this, I'd be happy to hear what you think.

It sounds to me, based on other posts, that I should really try to get off of the hormonal birth control as soon as possible. There is an IUD that does what it does using copper instead of hormones. Additional lubrication is a given. Having the tear addressed by my doctor is a given. Being well hydrated sounded like good advice to me also. So did taking vitamin E.

Comment

• Just a point, what causes an IUD to work isn't hormones or copper. It's essentially a trick, having something "implanted" the uterus doesn't accept another later implantation. The concept is thousands of years old, as far as anyone knows it was first used on camels in trading caravans. An apricot pit was placed in the she camel's uteruses to prevent pregnancy on the journeys which could last years. It's hard to say if women (the healers and midwives way back were generally women) used this technique or not, wouldn't be surprised if they had some variation of it. We know many earlier cultures did have effective conception and birth control, most plant based.

Comment

• Soloved and sgsmith2- did you resolve this problem? Mine sounds exactly the same even with foreplay and using lube and taking it slow... It hurts every time for about 7 years now... I'd love your resolutions if you have any. Thanks.

"I have had this problem on and off for several years, it is horrible to go through. Everytime it happens I just feel like rolling over and dying because the emotional pain is unbearable. I love my husband so much and the last thing I want is to leave him unsatisfied. He is amazingly understanding but I personally can't take it any more. I was looking forward to bringing in our first married year together (It's New Years day) by making love and once again my body failed me and I feel horrible.....I was married before and went through this with someone who I now know I wasn't meant for and I just assumed it was mental because our mariage fell apart pretty quickly since I should never have married him in the first place.

This time we couldn't be more perfect for each other and I know that its not a mental thing at all because he is the sexiest man on the planet to me and so sweet yet its still painful everytime we try to have sex.

Well the point I was trying to make is I found a website that I am hoping will help."

Comment

• I have the same issue.

Just over a year ago I got a vaginal tear at the 6 o'clock position during intercourse. My gynecologist recommended estrogen cream which I tried for several months with no effect. The tear heals after a week or so, but always recurs with intercourse. I have never had any STDs, and have been checked.

My gynecologist recommended surgery which I had where they removed the section that kept tearing. After surgery we waited 3 months before trying intercourse. The first time was slightly painful but I didn't tear, so we waited a few weeks and tried again, this time I tore.

Has anyone else tried surgery and had it work or not work? It seems like that was the last option...

Just before I got the first tear I did switch birth control pills to Yaz. I can't think of why that would matter, but several people have said that they had switched as well, so I've gone back to what I was taking before.

Comment

• vaginal tear

Originally posted by cking784 View Post
              Did you ever find a solution? I have recently had a vaginal tear (not pregnancy related as many of the ones I read about are) and would be interested to learn what you have found out, if anything. Thanks!
              Hi, I recently just had my first vaginal tear, thank god for google and health forums, it was really comforting to see that I wasn't alone in my pain (i think my boyfriend is traumatised after hearing me screaming when peeing!!). Basically I have tried Vitamin E oil which seems to have really worked, I was almost giving up trying to find something to help as the doctor wasn't much use. Also, having a salt bath in warm water a couple of times a day has also helped. I just hope that when it is healed and I have sex again that I don't get another tear!

Comment

• I know this topic is kind of old, but I have also tried Premarin to no avail.

I am now recovering from the surgery, which my doctor called a fissurectomy, and I will be seeing her again this Friday to make sure I am sufficiently healed up to start inserting again.

I will come back and post how I progress and let you know if it worked or not.

Comment

• The only time I had a tear down there was when I was on the pill. Something with the pill, no matter if I changed the brand, caused my skin to thin and it caused fissures. After being off BC for 4 years I haven't had any.
                  sigpic

Comment

• PLEASE read...I'm So Upset

I'm 21 years old...the pain after sex started when I was 17 years old. Everything was fine for the first 2 months I had sex with my boyfriend at the time (this was the first time I was ever having sex). After 2 months, I noticed blood after sex, blood eventually turned into throbbing burning stinging pain, which led to me to look at my vagina in a mirror and realize it was ripping. Now at 21 years old, it almost looks like I have an extra hole on the bottom of my vagina. I had sex 2 nights ago, and on that night, it burned so bad to pee that it took me 10 minutes to get it all out and I was crying the whole time and biting my lip. The emotional pain of being the single only girl I have ever met that can't have normal sex is so extreme it has pushed me into depression. I can only have sex for 30 mins max before I am so dried up inside that it becomes physically impossible to get anything inside (if you know what I mean). I know there has to be a lubrication problem there, because I can feel how dry I am during sex, and I stay bone dry for up to a week after sex. I have gone to 3 different gynocologists and planned parenthood. I have recieved every test in the book and everything always comes out fine. I have been taking Yaz since I was 16 and my newest gyno told me that the Yaz was probably the reason for the tearing and pain. She had me switch to lo estrin 24. I was soooo excited thinking I found a solution. But on my 3rd month of the new b/c, I had sex for the first time since the switch 2 nights ago, and have been crying because it was completely unsuccessful. Do you know how hard it is to get a 21 year old boy to understand that I can't have sex with them more than once a week because I have to heal for 7 days? I'm so young and haven't had a normal sexual experience since the first 2 months I ever had sex before the ripping started. I start to get into serious relationships with guys I start to fall for, and then I drop the bomb, "i can't have sex more than once a week". Needless to say, I have a lot of guy FRIENDS, but no one wants to put up with this at 21 and get in a relationship with someone with this issue. The worst part of it all, I can't talk to my parents about sex. My family just never speaks about anything sexual and there would be nothing more uncomfortable than for me to let my parents know I have sex, and then continue to talk to them about it. I'd rather die. So I have to sneak around and make up excuses why I have to go to the gyno. I have no one helping me and no one who understands. Please if anything has worked for any of you, please let me know what it is, I'm willing to try anything.

Comment

• BeautifulMess,

The same thing happened to me and it was do to the BC I was on. No matter which brand I switched to it always happened. Birth Control can cause vaginal dryness which definitely sucks and that would cause the tear. Everyone is different though so maybe talk to your doctor to see if she can switch you to a regular dose or a higher dose BC since right now you are on a low dose. Maybe that will help. I no longer take BC and I'm back to being myself. So I hope you find the right BC. Good Luck.
                      sigpic

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                      X