Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abnormal menstrual period

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abnormal menstrual period

Normally I get my period and it lasts me 3-5 days and a constant bleed !
    However my period was due on the 5th March and it came on the 9th,
    There was not enough blood to fill up a Pad i wouldn't even call it a finger tip full which is odd because I normally heavy bleed.
    TMI but my period was more like a brown discharge/blood which is something i have never experienced before and my I stopped bleeding on the 10th and not bled since so effectively my "period" was only 1 day long
    Please try and advise me Thank you ! x
    Just too add,
    My periods are regular as clockwork every month without fail
    Yes I am sexually active
    On ovranette ( Mini Pill) (Meant to regulate my periods!)
    Any help would be great !
    Thankyou

• Any replies pleaseeeee

Comment

• um hunny sorry 2 break it 2 u but everything u just stated is what happened 2 me when i found out i was pregnant.....my period was late i had a pantiliner on and it was literally a brown glob. never saw my prd again for 9 mths now i have a healthy 4 mth old baby boy! so u could possibly be pregnant. take a test in 2 weeks or so.

Comment

• Sometimes our bodies are a bit crazy. The brown blood is more than likely old blood. Overtime it gets built up in our uterus and not all of it leaves during our period. Our bodies need to expel it eventually, so sometimes you will get brown discharge. Most often, this is fine and perfectly normal.

I was on the pill for 11-12 years, and not ALL of my periods, even with the pill, were the same. Sometimes even on the pill, I would skip a month.

Take a breather, sit back and see what happens this next month.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X