Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vaginal irritation/itching! help!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vaginal irritation/itching! help!

One day my vulva/labia/outside of vagina randomly started itching. It has been a little over a month now and this has never happened to me before. It started randomly one day while I was working. I had been using scented laundry detergent and scented soaps but immediately switched to unscented everything. i went to the gyno last week and found out I'm perfectly healthy down there, I have NO stds or infections. She said that it is a small imbalance that my body has to take care of on its own and it has to "reset" itself. However, I've been waiting a month and have not seen improvement. It is litterally just a mild itch/irritation and when i sit still it doesn't bother me at all. It only bothers me when I have to put underwear on and walk around. Does anyone know anything about this problem? I was hoping if anyone has known anyone or had this problem they could give me some advice or point me into the right direction. Ive been wearing 100% cotton undies, fragrence free EVERYTHING, no sex, no douching. I've been sleeping without underwear every night and wear no underwear every chance i get. I havent been wearing any tight clothing. I take coldish warm showers and completely stopped shaving down there. I've done everything the gyno has told me to do since last week but i still get a irritation when there is friction from my underwear. I've also been eatting yogurt twice a day for it to maybe help the cause. They said it should clear up in 2-3 weeks but its already been a week since ive seen the gyno and a MONTH since it has started and i have not felt any better at all. I've been to the dermotoligist who gave me a steroid cream that I used for a week and it did not help me and I tried using vagisil for a week but it still did not go away. Before i switched to cotton undies it was very red and raw but It has not been red since I switched over to cotton underwear but there is still irritation. It is stressing me out and putting a stop to my sex life with my bf and its making me very depressed. I call the gyno office and they say to give it time but there is no improvement. I need some advice so i dont go insane because i really feel no hope with this getting better after all the things i have read about vaginal irritation and how some people have had it for years with no cure.. I also have been on birth control for 4 years and it's never bothered me before or caused any problems. I'm 19 years old. please someone help i feel hopeless and it's only been a month i can't even imagine years...

• I kinda have the same problem at the moment. Did you find a solution????

Comment

• Try an over the counter ointment, Americain, its 20% Benzocain. Its actually a hemorrhoid ointment but it relieves the pain, itch and burn.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Epilady?!?

Oh man... I have something like this — but I don't really use the epilation part of it anymore. It's an electric shaver (which I DO use) that has an...

Today, 05:16 PM By Alison H.
      • Reply to Ex boyfriend dilemma

It's almost impossible to know how your baby will look like.

Today, 02:15 PM By ferahunt
      • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me?

never wanted to get married let alone have kids
        also, have health issues that would make caring for an infant difficult

after being...

Today, 10:12 AM By amy40
      • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me?

I'm also childfree by choice. I never felt the desire to have kids. I also have some other health issues that would make pregnancy and care for an infant...

Today, 05:11 AM By Laura V.
      • Reply to Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating?

Totaly agreed...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Louna11

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• stabbing pain

started have stabbing pain in vulva area
        looked it up & says vulvodynia
        however, I have had this stabbing pain in one leg & side,...

09-19-2021, 10:09 AM By amy40
      • Epilady?!?

I was cleaning out an old trunk from my teen years and came upon the medieval torture implement, the epilady. For the uninitiated, it’s a device that...

09-16-2021, 11:32 PM By Wednesday L.F.
      • Phonesex, anyone?

In my 20s, I worked as a phonesex girl. It was fun and all, but it led me to not want to engage in that sort of activity in my personal life. Fast forward...

09-16-2021, 11:28 PM By Wednesday L.F.
      • Skyla IUD Sudden Period Problems

I’ve had my Skyla IUD for 2 and a half years now, no complications except for hormonal acne that’s managed well. It’s due to expire next May. My...

09-06-2021, 02:21 PM By LuckyWitch77
      Working...
      X