Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ive found my cure for BV and GBS!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ive found my cure for BV and GBS!

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I used this site to get comfort (and information) about my CHRONIC bv/yeast/Group B strep vaginal infections. UGH. I have been suffering with it for over 5 YEARS! And, I just couldn't find a solution.

It took me that long - 5 years - to finally control the problem. First, I put my faith in doctors, somehow I wanted them to help me because I felt so helpless. But they couldn't.

Hopelessness took control of me, and I sat in that state for years. I gave little thought to solving the situation and just wallowed in the revolving door of infections, doctor's visits, researching herbal remedies and cures, and so on and so on...

Somehow, in the last few months, I started taking control of the situation. What inspired me to do so, after all of these years, is a mystery! Just the general changes I'm slowly making in life, progress is slow, and it's finally caught up with me and my BV problem.

I want to tell you, if you've suffered from chronic BV/ yeast/ GBS, here is a potential solution that might help. It's helped me be free of infections for almost 6 months! I've gotten cultured recently and both times NEGATIVE for all those pesky little organisms that formerly predominated in the vaginal regions of my body...

The answer for me has been douching with Hydrogen Peroxide. Followed by insertion immediately of acidopholus capsules. I've gotten cultured a few times after doing this and it's always negative. I love seeing the words, "Normal Vaginal Flora" in the pathologists report!

HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! I think I've got this problem beat!

The trick is not to douche too much, because it can cause inflammation of the vaginal tissue and cervix. My pap revealed a slight inflammation of the cervix cells, and I think this is why: Whenever I douched, I used my vaginal muscles to pull the liquid and retain it, in the upper portion of the vagina, i.e. the cervix. I have a feeling I douched too often with the mixture, and perhaps made it a little too potent. Hence, it caused the inflammation. It was good to have the PAP report confirm the inflammation so I know to ease back on the douching.

I used to do it twice a week but don't recommend it in light of the slight inflammation it's causing. I will do it once in awhile. If i see the discharge coming, then I will do it once and insert the capsule but otherwise, I'm leaving my vagina alone!

I can't believe it works! I tried everything before from inserting garlic cloves whole, to Clindesse, to Metro-Gel, to oral metronidazole, to specially-made ampicillin suppositories, to estrogen rings, to vaginal estrogen tablets - OH MY GOD. I've spent a small fortune on this problem. There is such a huge market of products the pharmaceutical industry is making for women's vaginal health, and I found a very simple, uncostly solution in the end.

Basically, I believe there's 3 steps a woman whose suffering chronic infections needs to take:

1. Kill the Pathogens.

(I did this with the H2O2 douche - about a quart of distilled water plus about 3 or a little more tablespoons of Hydrogen peroxide which can be purchased at the drug store. It comes in a 3% solution standard.)

2. Replenish the Good Bacteria

(I did this with vaginal acidopholus capsules made by Nature's Remedy, I believe. Generally, specialized whole foods or health stores have them.)

3. Maintenance (same steps as above, really).

I hope this solution helps and works for others.

Thank you for letting me share my experience and hope.

• ?

what kind of discharge were you having with bv? what color and what not?

Comment

• Suffered 4 years,
      Did you insert the acidophilus capsule in your vaginal area or did you open the capsule and mix it in douche form
      Last edited by ladygmh68; 09-02-2007, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Thanks..

for the posts..well, the discharge I had really varied quite a lot. I suffered a thick, clear, discharge (like a gel almost) which still appears right after douching actually. It didn't seem quite normal to me. I also had a more troubling thin yellow discharge which worried me because yellow doesn't seem the right color for healthy discharge. Almost every day for awhile, I would notice the pantyliner consistently had a yellowish stain. It frightened me! So, those two were my "regular" types of "irregular discharges".

These were recurring.

So each time I was tested (which would be almost once a month sometimes when it was driving me literally insane!), anyway, each time, the culture reports came back positive for the same 3 darn things usually, some GBS, some gardnerella and/or some yeast. Never trich, chlamydia, nor HPV thankfully. Always the same 3...

So, there it is...I douche now about once every 2-weeks (really it depends how it feels/smells/and what discharge is appearing down there). I use the H2O2, and distilled water douche, cleaning everything carefully. Followed by inserting the GyNaturen (sp?) vaginal acidophilus capsules directly into the area.

The instructions for the GyNaturen say if the capsule doesn't dissolve properly in the vagina, try moistening it and/or opening the capsule into the douche. Never tried that myself. Part of the reason why I place the capsule in after the douche is because I figure the douche makes my vaginal area quite acidic and the capsule will dissolve more easily. I do moisten the capsule with water as suggested.

I still get some discharge but I just don't feel as afraid and freaked out! Some discharge is normal, and for awhile, I was paranoid about any type of discharge.

The last visit to the Gynecologist, I asked something that had been on mind - Will these harmful organisms travel up from the vagina into the other reproductive organs, like the cervix/ovaries/uterus, and potentially infect these organs as well.

She's an HMO doctor for what that entails but her answer was No. She told me not to worry about this so I just feel so much better about this problem than ever before...as I said, thanks to God for letting this peace settle in...

The psychological impact of this is worst on my sex life. i still worry that having sex with my partner is going to make the problem worse. But there's always the ability to douche afterwards. it's just about learning to live with this and trust that sex is not going to "kill me". really, I'm afraid somehow that abstinence got into my head but that fear is irrational. I suffer these problems even without sex now. so it takes time to trust your body again!

Hope this helps, and may you find cures and comfort too.

Comment

• I too have had issues with the same thing for years. Have tried many things that were mentioned above. To make light of this post I just wanted to let you know that I came accross your post yesterday and last night did the peroxide thing as you suggested. For the fist time in a long time I feel vaginally normal today. I feel so relieved to have a day where I feel normal down there. If this continues to work long term I feel like I can finally get my life back. Thank-you some much for the post and I will check in from time to time for updates. Thanks again suffered, it's so nice to feel comfortable for a change.

Comment

• You have done what my Dr. was not able to do.

Dear suffered4years,

I cannot thank you enough for posting the treatment you created for chronic yeast & GBS infections. It changed my life. For 2 years I suffered with the same problems you described. After countless trips to my GYN, prescriptions that only compounded the problem and my relationship about to end, I found your treatment of H2O2 douche and acidopholus caps. IT WORKS! I have been symptom free for 6 months now. I had a culture done a few weeks ago and it was normal.

I am eternally grateful to you for sharing your cure.

Fifi

Comment

• I have found my cure for BV

I know exactly what a struggle you all are going through because I have experienced for many years now. It's a big headache for many reasons and I have tried many many solutions, both regular and natural. I believe natural is better personally but it has just been difficult figuring out which is ideal and worth while for me. It would be a long list if I were to bother to tell u all that I've tried so I'll spare you but it's been all the ones you have (folic acid, vinegar, acidophilous ect. etc.). I have finally, finally, finally found something that seems to be working perfectly and is ideal (for the most part) for me. Generally speaking, I think it's important to try and eat as much of a balanced diet as possible (with fruits, whole grains and veggies etc. and I most definitely still take the folic acid just because). Recently, through my online research, I have come across something called 'balance active'. It restores the vagina's PH and specifically meant for this purpose (BV). I use it for 7 days to treat the BV, then as maintenance just twice a week after that for prevention. NO MORE ODOR or anything else troublesome about this condition. I am in my second week and so happy about this, I can't even tell you. It can change a person's life who has had this problem ongoingly with no other success. Also after your period they say can use for 2 days or so and after and during a round of antibiotics. It is so perfect in my opinion. The only issue is I wasn't able to find it in the United States. I had to order it from a site that would ship it here from the United Kingdom and I was DETERMINED to find one that would. The one I used was Asset Chemist because that was the only one I found that sold it 'and' shipped here. I also like to eat yogurt like Activia because of the acidophilous content and the fact that I like it. I just had to share my success in the hopes that someone else can stop suffering. Good luck to all of you.

Comment

• Will try it tonight

I am at my wits end and am tired of this terrible thing!!! I have H202 at home and will purchase the distilled water and acidipholus capsules after work. Please keep your fingers crossed!!

Comment

• ohh. cant write in message. click the link than add a "" after it. "" is lacking. really sory for this

Comment

• Originally posted by bvcures View Post
                    ohh. cant write in message. click the link than add a "" after it. "" is lacking. really sory for this
                    why ı cant write in messages

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X