Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

white bump look like a pimple down in my pelvic area it really hurts

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white bump look like a pimple down in my pelvic area it really hurts

Hi my name is Jill,
    I have so many female issue going on right now with my period. When I was taking a bath I felt something hurting me It kind of look like a pimple it just above where I unrinate and it really does hurt. Does any one have or had something like this before. At first I though it was some toilet paper stuck to my skin but it not. I have a per-op physical next month for Laparoscopy surgery. I don't know if I should have it check out sooner or wait until then. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If any one can it would be helpful to me thanks Jill

• Hi jacolss.

If the bump is where your pubic hair is, it might be a blocked hair folicle or a cyst of some kind. I've had Bartholin cysts a few times: usually a hard, round bump (like a pea) just outside of the vaginal opening, usually on a lip; sometimes painful, sometimes not. In my case they usually go away on their own. But I think you should call your doctor asap. He/she my want to examine you just to make sure that it's not something that will affect your upcoming surgery.

Comment

• hey there, well it almost sounds like a boil. i had one when i was younger. in just the same spot your describing. does it have a head on it? if it does bother you then by all means see your doc.
      LYNNE

Comment

• yes it does have a bump

Hi is my name is Jill thanks you very much for the reply. Mine is white and has a bump it look like a pimple to me. But not sure because I have not had it check out yet. Did you have your check out and what kind of doctor did you go to have it check out I have a Internal medicine an a OBGYN doctor. Thanks Metabudderfly.

Thanks Jill

Comment

• hey jacloss,
          well i didn't go to a doc for it i showed my mother it(embarresing) i was in my 20's at the time. what i did is i just let it heal up on it's own. i never had another one since. if it is causing alot of pain you might want to see your gyno for it.
          LYNNE

Comment

• You could try a hot compress on it (well, not too hot if it is inside the vaginal lips) - just a wet warm washcloth, keep soaking and reapplying - if it is a pimple or ingrown hair, it may open and clear out on its own. If it doesn't go away, or of course if you are in pain, call your gyn.

Comment

• good advice from ladylane... sounds like it would help soothe it.
              LYNNE

Comment

• I had sort of the same thing. On my inner labia there was a bump but there was no 'head' to it, it felt like a really really big pimple - the kind that you can't pop because they are still under the surface. I had never had any sexual relations with anyone before so I wasn't worried that it was a disease so I just waited a few days and then it finally had a head. Hair does not grow where mine was so I don't think it was an ingrown hair but I'm thinking it might have been a little cyst. Mine eventually popped (after a little picking at it) and it went away. It was very gross. Maybe it's the same thing? Mine was painful but tolerable. I hope it goes away soon.

Comment

• I agree with the other poster. Use a warm compress and allow it to come to a head. It will pop, and the pain will go away quickly.

Comment

• i have a bartholin cyst that keeps coming back but the fist time that i got it. mine looked like a pimple. But i would call you doc as soon as you can because if it becomes infected it can led to a staph infection and a almost always fatal infection call sepsis. i really would talk to your doc. and if anyone can help me with my problem i would greatly appericate it. i have a bartholin cyst and i am on a blood thinner so i cant have it drained and i am in a lot of pain so what should i do to help with the pain. if i go to the doc and have it drained there is ahuge risk that i could bleed to death. so i really need help.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X