Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

raped at home

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raped at home

I was raped at home last month during my period , a stranger put a knife to me and told me to remove my clothes, i am scared that i have the hiv . he raped me four times over an eight hour period. i have been to the doctor and she has given me tests. my parents know. what should i do if i am pregnant???

• Hi tammyc,

Thank you for coming here and sharing that....

Just to let you know, there is a lot of support here, people you don't know, to talk to.

I am sorry as you already know and get told for this anquish, and I will pray that the tests come back negative for pregnancy and hiv, if the Doctor hasn't provided you information there yet.

So, is your question if you are pregnant should you keep the child? Or if you are and you also are hiv positive?

I think you should seek councelling and let them guide you through all the posibilities and things to think about and see the full picture either way.

Ultimately, you need to be guided through his rights, no rights, visitations even if in jaol, ie) after, or if you have hiv and at what level, what that may effect in the child, and your own well being, but lastly, I am sure it will come back negative, as you were on your period at the time.

Keep us posted though and if you see someone and want clarification maybe people can guide you to things that they have experienced, so dont' be afraid to ask any questions....

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Tammy, my heart goes out to you. What a terrible experience! I'm really surprised you weren't given the morning after pill right off the bat. The test results for STIs won't take too long and hopefully those will all be negative. Are you in counseling? It would probably be a good idea at least for a while. Some people can say, he's a nut and I'm moving on and it isn't a really big deal, others have a much harder time in the aftermath.

If it turns out you are pregnant, only you can decide what you can handle. Can you imagine carrying a baby for 9 months and delivering it as a result of such circumstances? Would you be able to do with a positive attitude? This is something only you can decide, having someone who is not involved but can help you sort out your feelings would be good. In the meantime. take extra special care of yourself. It may not be much comfort but estimates are that by age forty about one quarter of all women have been raped, so you aren't alone by any means and the vast majority move past it and make good lives for themselves.

Comment

• I hope they catch him and castrate him.

Here is the second opinion that you should seek professional counseling. You have been through a huge trama and there is nothing wrong with finding professionals who have dealt with this issue many times before and know all the resources available to help you heal. They can suggest pathways molded to your personality that will expedite getting you back to where you need to be. Your primary care doc should be able to recommend someone or contact the nearest rape crisis center for a referral.

Comment

• I am so sorry to hear something horrific like that happened to you. I don't know if this applies to you, or if you already did it, but in my state victims of crime can get free counseling and free medical treatments. I think you would ask DHS (Department of Human Services) about that. See if they can get you in touch with a crisis counselor. As far as pregnancy goes, it's your choice. WC gave great advice, so I won't extend on it further. Good luck to you, and please keep us posted.

Comment

• Generally when we receive an exposure (in the medical field) we has retroantiviral drugs that can be taken within the first 24 hours of exposure to disease (HIV), we take it withing 24 hours, but i tmay be worth checking with your doctor.

Comment

• Wow Tammy, my heart goes out to you as well. Truly awful.
              Please see a professional counselor. You may think you can deal with it on your own but it's always best to have someone to talk to.

Obviously, you know this wasn't your fault and you have nothing to be ashamed of. Don't let anyone make you feel like you are damaged or that your life is somehow ruined. It's not at all. It was a terrible thing to have happened but you will move forward.
              I hope they catch him and lock him up for good so he can't hurt anyone else.

When can you get in to see a doctor again?

Comment

• Yes I did have the morning after pill and went to the doctor today and given more blood tests! but she doesn't think I have HIV. but i what i didn't tell you last time was the method of the rape. as put the knife at me he told me to drink his urine from his . he told me to open my legs then he inserted his hand before raping me. he told me not to cry or he would cut my off! it was bad! am having help!my parents paid foe the doctor!

Comment

• Tammy lots going through your mind now huh... I am so glad your parents are there for you, he is sick very sick and I hope that you have his details or that DNA finds him, even as a woman i would punch him to the hilt..

Are you getting help with this physcologically?

You know he's an animal I am deeply sorry..

CW
                  PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Originally posted by tammyc View Post
                    what i didn't tell you last time was the method of the rape. as put the knife at me he told me to drink his urine from his . he told me to open my legs then he inserted his hand before raping me. he told me not to cry or he would cut my off! it was bad! am having help!my parents paid foe the doctor!
                    I amend my previous post that said I hope they catch him and castrate him and add 'and let him bleed to death'.

They are probably going to catch this sorry excuse for a human being b/c they have a tendency to keep repeating the crime. The police will ask you to testify against him which is going to be horrific although nothing can compare to what you went through. Please testify so he can't get off and do it again. He needs to be exterminated or at least put away forever.

I had no idea the rape was so terrible. All rapes are violent, but this one especially so. Lean on all the resources available to you to help you heal both mentally and physically. If he stole any of your stuff, like credit cards, you need to handle that right away.

I had a good friend who went through a rape as terrible as yours and she was in the hospital for a week b/c he beat her up and stabbed her. In her case, he rammed her car at night on her way home from work and when she got out to check for damage, he bashed her head and kidnapped her. They caught the perv 2 rapes later after he raped a police officer's wife. My friend is fine now, but it took a long time for her to heal. It's going to take you a while too. Be gentle with yourself.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X