Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My husband has problems with Premature Ejaculation

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My husband has problems with Premature Ejaculation

Have questions about edging to help premature ejaculation?

We have more answers!

Read our article, “A Guide To Edging And Orgasm Control For More Pleasurable Sex” here:

https://www.womens-health.com/edging-orgasm-control

This is really embarrassing but I'm so desperate that I decided to ask here in the forum.

It started some months ago, before that, my husband was able to last 30 minutes in bed with no problem.

But in the past year, it would take something like 30 seconds for him to come. I think the longest was two minutes. He is really stressed about it and I think he is starting to have a lack of self confidence.

I will be really grateful is someone know some treatment or exercises that could help him to prevent premature ejaculation or to teach him how to last longer.

Thank you very much in advance!
    Last edited by Alison H.; 05-01-2021, 01:25 PM.

• Look into something called Kegel exercises. It works the muscles on the pelvic floor. It should allow him to delay ejaculation. Best wishes and Welcome!
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• There is an exercise for this. He first needs to master it by himself (without you because that will put pressure on him).

Masturbate till he feels like he is going to cum but just before the point of inevitability. Then put pressure with 2 fingers and a thumb around the tip of the penus to prevent cumming. Wait a few seconds like this and keep going. Do this a couple of time before finally letting go to orgasm. This needs to be done with the partner away. Practice this for about a week.

Then do this with the partner near by, maybe in the next room, but still by himself.

Next step is to bring the partner into it. Maybe masturbate and stop. Even intercourse and stop, apply pressure. Slowly, you want to get to the point where the partner can be the one applying the pressure.

The time between each stops will continue to get longer until a point you are both happy at the length. You, as his partner, will really have to help him through this. During those practice sessions, it will be about him. You won't be able to focus on your own pleasure. And he will have to learn to focus on his own pleasure instead of thinking about yours. That can be the hardest part of this exercise.

Good luck.

The Sinclair Institute has information and a film on this technique.
      Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• Thank you really much for your answers!

Thank you for the tips!

Yes, I tried all of them, but this is not working for me yet. But I keep trying!

These are the things we are currently trying:

- He started to read a lot about this condition. Currently we both are reading a book, it has some individual exercises but also exercises for couples, so we are trying both. I'll tell you in some weeks if this is working or not. The book has the exercise you described sp346, but also new ones.

- I'm following also the tips you gave me. Thank you! But currently they are not working for us.

- I'm talking a lot with my husband, just to see if talking about the problem will help him psychologically to stop it.

- I'm also planning to consult a professional, but it embarrasses him to speak about this!

New ideas will be welcome!
        Last edited by Little; 05-12-2012, 05:35 PM. Reason: remove links

Comment

• Originally posted by sp346 View Post
          There is an exercise for this. He first needs to master it by himself (without you because that will put pressure on him).

Masturbate till he feels like he is going to cum but just before the point of inevitability. Then put pressure with 2 fingers and a thumb around the tip of the penus to prevent cumming. Wait a few seconds like this and keep going. Do this a couple of time before finally letting go to orgasm. This needs to be done with the partner away. Practice this for about a week.

Then do this with the partner near by, maybe in the next room, but still by himself.

Next step is to bring the partner into it. Maybe masturbate and stop. Even intercourse and stop, apply pressure. Slowly, you want to get to the point where the partner can be the one applying the pressure.

The time between each stops will continue to get longer until a point you are both happy at the length. You, as his partner, will really have to help him through this. During those practice sessions, it will be about him. You won't be able to focus on your own pleasure. And he will have to learn to focus on his own pleasure instead of thinking about yours. That can be the hardest part of this exercise.

Good luck.

The Sinclair Institute has information and a film on this technique.
          Oh! that was it I think this one will help me too. I should try this exercise I really love this forum I learn so many things here!
          “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”

― Mae West

Comment

• In more extreme cases, there are also prescribed (not over-the-counter) medications that can be very helpful.
            Or creams to de-sensitize the penis, but these have to be applied **very** carefully lest they transfer to the clitoris...

Comment

• There is a product that you can pick up for your husband. It is called Promescent and it has been featured on Dr. Oz and as well as on CNN. It is FDA approved and backed by the top medical professionals in the area of sexual dysfunction. It is a topical spray that I highly recommend as it will not only will rejuvenate your sex life as well as your happiness as a couple.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Sex with my daughters Boyfriend???

Long story short, this guy has been with my daughter for 10 years. They just bought a house and had a new-born. After retiring, I've been helping out...

06-15-2021, 09:35 PM By BlondeCougar
              • Normal to Like Significant Other Walking Around Nude in House with a Bush?

Is it normal to like your partner to walk around fully nude in the house with a bush? To enjoy looking at "big chest" and "big behind"?...

06-14-2021, 05:14 PM By lakeocean
              • Erotica

I love erotica! It’s such a fun way to get off. Stimulating the mind and body at the same time. If you like to read erotica too, I’d like to know...

06-09-2021, 12:14 PM By Zoë T.
              • Ever Tried Laser Hair Removal?

I’m interested in getting laser hair removal for my pubic hair and armpits. I’m worried about the pain aspect of laser hair removal - if you’ve...

06-09-2021, 11:40 AM By Zoë T.
              • Grower vs Shower

Does anybody have experience with a guy's penis changing significantly in length when getting hard?? Or not changing at all? I've only experienced a tiny...

06-03-2021, 04:40 PM By Julia W.
              Working...
              X