Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it weird that I'm addicted to giving BJs?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think it's weird to be into any form of sexual activity as long as everyone involved consents to it (I say that as someone who's into kinky stuff that looks bad if you don't have any context for what we're doing, lol). I think what's most important is recognizing that in the past you performed oral sex for reasons that had little (or nothing) to do with pleasure -- like wanting to be liked -- but that you also recognize other reasons for why you enjoy it now.

Personally, I've gone through different phases with my enjoyment of all kinds of sex, including oral. When I was young, I gave blowjobs because I wanted the guy to like me. As I got older, I found I wanted to do it less often with partners who (ultimately, as I would figure out) were people I didn't want to be with. In my current relationship, I've had moments of loving blowjobs (especially as part of our dominance and submission relationship because I feel both powerful and submissive) but also of not wanting to do it at all (I blame lack of libido.)

I don't think we always have to know why we like what we like, nor does it have to fit in with the stereotype of what we think others enjoy. Sure, it might be common for women not to like giving blowjobs but that's not universal -- and there are SO many reasons why people don't like providing oral that are much more complicated than we realize.

Comment

• MoJoo thank you for sharing your experience with addiction. I can't even imagine the emotional and mental toll that must have taken on you but your ability to be so self aware about it is admirable. If you don't mind my asking, in what ways did the rehab center help you? Were they focused on the sex addition/act specifically or mainly the mental/emotional aspect?

And how is your sex life now? Do you avoid performing oral altogether or are there specific methods/approaches you use to prepare for when you are comfortable enough to do so?

Comment

• Totally not weird!! For me I've found that when I'm close to someone or feel very comfortable having sex with them, that's when I most like giving a blowjob. When I'm hooking up with someone I don't know that well I kind of find myself going through the motions of a blowjob but my heart isn't really in it. More like just to be polite lol. Once I'm close with someone, part of the thrill of giving head is it's almost like sensual kissing versus doing a chore when I'm not that into it. But I know tons of people that love blowjobs too!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X