Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about getting my girlfriend a vibrator.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about getting my girlfriend a vibrator.

Have questions about vibrators?

We’ve got more answers!

Read our article, “Everything Vibrators: Your Complete Guide To Personal Pleasure” here:

https://www.womens-health.com/vibrators

Ok so, our sex life is great, so we don't need the vibrator for making up for anything. However, her less sexually active friends rave about it to her, and I am interested in getting one for her. She is a little shy about it but is open to it.

My concern is if there is a real chance that the vibrator could replace me. When it comes to clitoral stimulation, I know my tongue won't be able to compete (or so I figure, I've never seen a vibrator in action in person before). I don't want to get replaced by the device, especially when it comes to oral. I am obsessed with giving oral and we like it that way. So, is getting a vibrator dangerous because she may get desensitized and/or unable to get off on oral stimulation?

You're probably wondering if I have all these worries, why consider it? Well, I want to see if I can unlock a higher level orgasm. I know I personally would not be responsible for it (the machine would be), but I'd love for her to go to a place she has never been when she cums. Can a vibrator help in this regard? I figure it would be great to use on her during penetration.

Please let me know. Very interested in this but also a little nervous about it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Alison H.; 06-18-2021, 12:07 PM.
    [B]"Are you serious? You're [i]bleeping[/I] THAT girl?"[/B][B] - [COLOR="#B22222"]jen1447[/COLOR][/B]

• Do it! Lol me and my husband just introduced one to our marriage and its amazing and its a huge turn on for him when he uses it on me and its just exciting cause its something new best thing we could have ever done and it shouldn't replace you at all cause the touch of another person is still better then a toy in the long run

Comment

• This topic had been talked about a lot. Search the history and you will see lots of discussion on why vibrators don't compare to the real thing.
      Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• Originally posted by quietlykinky View Post
        Do it! Lol me and my husband just introduced one to our marriage and its amazing and its a huge turn on for him when he uses it on me and its just exciting cause its something new best thing we could have ever done and it shouldn't replace you at all cause the touch of another person is still better then a toy in the long run
        Well my wife has many many toys it never has replaced me or ever will but. She does enjoys living out her bi side with her female close friends with girls not out and need the strappies and vibrators to really have a good night with each other. Once in a while i will used her pocket rocket on her vagina and drive her up the wall before she drowns me with squirting fun.
        When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• Something, you're my new hero as far as guys go lol - always working to find the next level and more pleasure for your lady. That's awesome because there really are no limits with sexual pleasure, just when you've reached a new level, you learn there's another level beyond that, and so on and so on.

I'd definitely get her a vibe if she's okay with it. You can relax - if she loves you (and it totally sounds like she does), it'll never replace you because even if it could out-perform you on tech specs, it'll never be a substitute for who you are, which is the person she makes love to. A vibe is just an object. That said, it can definitely enhance sex, both in terms of just adding new ways for you to play together, and also as a show of your dedication and commitment to her. A guy who brought a new toy into my bedroom in the hopes that it would make me cum in even bigger buckets just because that's all he wanted out of life (not literally lol) would make me swoon. Go for it.

Go check out the LELO website and get her a standard middle of the road vibe like an Iris. They're amazingly feminine and stylish and high-end quality, so you won't seem like you got her a sawed off baseball bat from the corner sex shop, and yet they're not industrial grade power tools that you'll feel inferior around. You can't lose with it - she'll love you for it and you'll love her for loving it.
          [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by jen1447 View Post
            Something, you're my new hero as far as guys go lol - always working to find the next level and more pleasure for your lady. That's awesome because there really are no limits with sexual pleasure, just when you've reached a new level, you learn there's another level beyond that, and so on and so on.

I'd definitely get her a vibe if she's okay with it. You can relax - if she loves you (and it totally sounds like she does), it'll never replace you because even if it could out-perform you on tech specs, it'll never be a substitute for who you are, which is the person she makes love to. A vibe is just an object. That said, it can definitely enhance sex, both in terms of just adding new ways for you to play together, and also as a show of your dedication and commitment to her. A guy who brought a new toy into my bedroom in the hopes that it would make me cum in even bigger buckets just because that's all he wanted out of life (not literally lol) would make me swoon. Go for it.

Go check out the LELO webste and get her a standard middle of the road vibe like an Iris. They're amazingly feminine and stylish and high-end quality, so you won't seem like you got her a sawed off baseball bat from the corner sex shop, and yet they're not industrial grade power tools that you'll feel inferior around. You can't lose with it - she'll love you for it and you'll love her for loving it.
            Very good advice Jenn, vibrators can sure add a big spark to the bedroom for sure. Believe me a pocket rocket place by wife over my testicle can put you in a whole different planet as well you can both enjoy the pleasure of a vibrator as well.
            When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• Ok, awesome.... so which is best? how do I begin to choose one?
              [B]"Are you serious? You're [i]bleeping[/I] THAT girl?"[/B][B] - [COLOR="#B22222"]jen1447[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

• Originally posted by jen1447 View Post
                Something, you're my new hero as far as guys go lol - always working to find the next level and more pleasure for your lady. That's awesome because there really are no limits with sexual pleasure, just when you've reached a new level, you learn there's another level beyond that, and so on and so on.

Go check out the LELO website and get her a standard middle of the road vibe like an Iris. They're amazingly feminine and stylish and high-end quality, so you won't seem like you got her a sawed off baseball bat from the corner sex shop, and yet they're not industrial grade power tools that you'll feel inferior around. You can't lose with it - she'll love you for it and you'll love her for loving it.
                Haha sweet, and thanks. I was planning to order from Amazon because I have free Amazon prime. Here in LA we have a high end sex shop called Hustler Hollywood, guess I could go there, but Amazon should have it. And what do you mean middle of the road? Not too worried about cost to be honest. Which one is top of the line. And I will let you guys know how it goes!!

Comment

• Middle of the road in performance. It's elegant and stylish (you can't do any better than LELO for that), but you won't be using it to break up cement during off hours. The point being, if you throw a major power tool at her out of the blue like one of those wands (the things with the big bulbous heads that sit on the clit and vibrate like a shuttle launch), she might be a bit put-off thinking you want her to take on a piece of heavy machinery.

Amazon carries LELO, yep. Be extra cool and get her two right off the bat - I've done that for GFs before and they love it because it shows you're totally invested in her pleasure. A good backup is the Mia, it's a lipstick vibe that she can take with her discreetly wherever she goes.
                  [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorguy View Post
                    Very good advice Jenn, vibrators can sure add a big spark to the bedroom for sure. Believe me a pocket rocket place by wife over my testicle can put you in a whole different planet as well you can both enjoy the pleasure of a vibrator as well.
                    Be careful... I heard that vibrating sensations on the testicles can lead to prostate cancer, which is why a lot of truck drivers get it.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to purity culture

Okay, let's just break this down. Sex is not to be confused with love. Sex is a mechanical act that can be performed in a variety of ways. This will just...

Today, 08:34 AM By Claret

husband read her detailed journal about sex with boyfriend
                      husband has tried to replicate it
                      however, husband is not boyfriend & the excitement...

Yesterday, 03:18 PM By amy40

So in the case of your TV show woman, she would not know what good sex is like with a man had she not had sex previous to marriage. If she has tried...

Yesterday, 02:24 PM By EmptyNester

I still believe in waiting for marriage as there's something special about the first time being with your husband.....I'm teaching my kid to wait until...

Yesterday, 01:32 PM By amy40
                    • Husband wants sex but just lays there

Hi I need some advice. My husband go through this a couple times during the week. He is so tired and exhausted from work and expects me to kiss on him...

Yesterday, 10:44 AM By Wifey6900

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Husband wants sex but just lays there

Hi I need some advice. My husband go through this a couple times during the week. He is so tired and exhausted from work and expects me to kiss on him...

Yesterday, 10:44 AM By Wifey6900
                    • kid grew up

my kid grew up too fast!
                      husband & I are parents to a teen-8th grader
                      I SO miss the young toddler years when we played all day- playdoh,...

12-01-2022, 10:35 AM By amy40
                    • purity culture

Does anybody think that purity culture is a form of abuse? I was raised in a southern baptist home and grew up in purity culture. Thankfully I never fell...

11-30-2022, 11:58 AM By victoriachan365
                    • permanent hair removal

Has anybody ever done electrolysis or laser hair removal? I'm looking for permanent hair removal for my brazilian area as soon as I have money. I'm sick...

11-29-2022, 08:27 PM By victoriachan365
                    • antimarriage and kids

I was wondering if anybody else can relate? Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and do not desire marriage or kids. Growing up in a fundamentalist...

11-29-2022, 08:20 PM By victoriachan365
                    Working...
                    X