Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you masturbate? Do you think a vibrator makes you less sensitive?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you masturbate? Do you think a vibrator makes you less sensitive?

Have questions about vibrator use or loss of sensitivity?

We have more answers!

Read our full article, “Can Vibrators Desensitize Or Damage My Clitoris, Or Vagina?” here:

https://www.womens-health.com/desensitized-clitoris

I'm curious, do you use your fingers or some form of a vibrator to masturbate?

If you use a vibrator have you found a decrease in sensitivity making it harder to orgasm during sex?

When I was much younger I would orgasm during sex easily, very quickly and all the time but, I never used a vibrator back then. I rarely masturbated back then - probably because I was having lots of sex and felt very satisfied. Over the years I've relied on a vibrator to masturbate (using my fingers has never worked for me and if I do orgasm that way it's such an insignificant non event that it isn't worth my time and effort) I use the Magic Wand which is pretty powerful. Since using vibrators I have found that orgasming during sex a lot harder. I've thought to wean myself off the wand but then I think I don't want to miss out on my regular orgasms so I feel like I can't win.
    Last edited by Alison H.; 12-04-2020, 06:48 PM.

• Nothing.....I was hoping someone would respond.

Comment

• you must be the only one interested in this topic!?

Comment

• I do believe vibrators can cause a decrease in sensitivity if used too much.

I think this post goes to show that even though we are anonymous here, this is still a very personal topic. People are comfortable discussing masturbation in general, but not as it pertains to themselves specifically. Interesting. :-) Maybe it is because we are mixed company here, with both male and female members?
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I think I missed the post altogether.

Romy, I have a "tool" but when I do masturbate it's without any tools. Lol.
          Just keeping it simple I guess.

Comment

• I prefer using a toy, usually. But sometimes I'm lazy and don't want to get up and get it. :-D
            "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I didn't answer because I don't use a vibrator (do any guys use them?) Further, I have never seen a woman masturbate in real life (many of my answers are from personal experience or personal observation).
              Last edited by jns; 02-07-2017, 11:17 PM.
              I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
              Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I use finger, 99% of the time. Hb has severe PE issue, I honestly don't know what is orgasm via intercourse, sad I know, but , I haven't have intercourse for years with hb, because too many issues ( if you read my previous post) anyhow, no intercourse is not the end of my sex world, I have my awesome finger! Yeap, it's always good. Vibrator seems to just not the right speed to me, either too fast or too slow, perhaps I have bought not enough or no luck getting the right one!
                but I do think vibrator does decrease sensitivity of orgasm in normal way

Comment

• Vibrator. Fingers have never worked for me. I don't orgasm with intercourse so I couldn't comment on that.
                  Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• something w/o batteries hid from child
                    Last edited by amy40; 04-09-2017, 08:02 AM.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to purity culture

husband read her detailed journal about sex with boyfriend
                      husband has tried to replicate it
                      however, husband is not boyfriend & the excitement...

Yesterday, 03:18 PM By amy40

So in the case of your TV show woman, she would not know what good sex is like with a man had she not had sex previous to marriage. If she has tried...

Yesterday, 02:24 PM By EmptyNester

I still believe in waiting for marriage as there's something special about the first time being with your husband.....I'm teaching my kid to wait until...

Yesterday, 01:32 PM By amy40
                    • Husband wants sex but just lays there

Hi I need some advice. My husband go through this a couple times during the week. He is so tired and exhausted from work and expects me to kiss on him...

Yesterday, 10:44 AM By Wifey6900
                    • Reply to antimarriage and kids

I'm 50 and have been married but had no kids. My bf is now 36, and he's never been married, doesn't want kids. So, we never plan to marry, but will likely...

Yesterday, 06:03 AM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Husband wants sex but just lays there

Hi I need some advice. My husband go through this a couple times during the week. He is so tired and exhausted from work and expects me to kiss on him...

Yesterday, 10:44 AM By Wifey6900
                    • kid grew up

my kid grew up too fast!
                      husband & I are parents to a teen-8th grader
                      I SO miss the young toddler years when we played all day- playdoh,...

12-01-2022, 10:35 AM By amy40
                    • purity culture

Does anybody think that purity culture is a form of abuse? I was raised in a southern baptist home and grew up in purity culture. Thankfully I never fell...

11-30-2022, 11:58 AM By victoriachan365
                    • permanent hair removal

Has anybody ever done electrolysis or laser hair removal? I'm looking for permanent hair removal for my brazilian area as soon as I have money. I'm sick...

11-29-2022, 08:27 PM By victoriachan365
                    • antimarriage and kids

I was wondering if anybody else can relate? Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and do not desire marriage or kids. Growing up in a fundamentalist...

11-29-2022, 08:20 PM By victoriachan365
                    Working...
                    X